Lake Tahoe drive-by shooting suspect arrested, on $1 million bail
December 8, 2015
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. — South Lake Tahoe police officers arrested a suspect on Friday, Dec. 4, in connection with the Oct. 14 drive-by shooting that occurred near Ski Run Boulevard.
According to a department news release, 43-year-old Samuel Tovar was arrested following a search of his San Francisco Avenue apartment, with assistance from the South Lake El Dorado Narcotics Enforcement Team.
A SWAT team conducted the search at about 10 p.m. on Friday night, where they allegedly found a .40 caliber Glock handgun that officers believe was the weapon used in the shooting.
Police also said they found a 5.56x45mm caliber SKS semi-automatic assault rifle.
Tovar allegedly shot a 19-year-old South Lake Tahoe man in the leg on Oct. 14. The wounded man sought treatment at Barton Memorial Hospital, where medical staff notified police.
Tovar was booked into El Dorado County Jail on $1 million bail.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover