Lake Tahoe drive-by shooting suspect arrested, on $1 million bail
December 8, 2015
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. — South Lake Tahoe police officers arrested a suspect on Friday, Dec. 4, in connection with the Oct. 14 drive-by shooting that occurred near Ski Run Boulevard.
According to a department news release, 43-year-old Samuel Tovar was arrested following a search of his San Francisco Avenue apartment, with assistance from the South Lake El Dorado Narcotics Enforcement Team.
A SWAT team conducted the search at about 10 p.m. on Friday night, where they allegedly found a .40 caliber Glock handgun that officers believe was the weapon used in the shooting.
Police also said they found a 5.56x45mm caliber SKS semi-automatic assault rifle.
Tovar allegedly shot a 19-year-old South Lake Tahoe man in the leg on Oct. 14. The wounded man sought treatment at Barton Memorial Hospital, where medical staff notified police.
Tovar was booked into El Dorado County Jail on $1 million bail.
Trending In: Crime
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Nevada County correctional officer named in suit also faces criminal charges
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges