Meeting to focus on North Tahoe drug, alcohol use
June 12, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — An informational meeting regarding drug and alcohol use at North Lake Tahoe is scheduled for next week.
The meeting from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 17, will take place at the North Tahoe High School Auditorium at 2945 Polaris Road in Tahoe City.
According to a statement, Placer County Sheriff's Office representatives cover the following information, among other topics:
• An overview of drug and alcohol resistance programs in the North Tahoe community, what to look for, and contact information if a potential issue is seen.
• Statistics from 2005-14 on DUI and drunk-in-public arrests, with a breakdown of visitors vs. locals.
• The health risks of underage drug and/or alcohol use.
Recommended Stories For You
• An overview by the California highway Patrol on issues specific to North Lake Tahoe.
Babysitting and light snacks will be provided, according to PCSO.
Trending In: Crime
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Report shows Lake Tahoe is a hot spot for sex trafficking