Motorcyclist, 53, killed in Lake Tahoe wreck
June 16, 2015
ZEPHYR COVE, Nev. — An Antioch, Calif., woman was killed on Friday night when a motorist strayed into the path of her motorcycle near the east shore of Lake Tahoe, causing a head-on collision.
Amber R. Hallmark, 53, was identified on Monday as the motorcyclist. Hallmark was traveling south on Highway 50 at about 8 p.m. near Zephyr Cove when a Nissan Versa driven by Washington resident Alma J. Jaramillo-Garcia, 31, drifted into the oncoming lane.
Hallmark's 2015 blue Harley-Davidson motorcycle and the Versa collided, throwing Hallmark about 75 feet before she and the motorcycle came to rest on the north paved shoulder.
Hallmark was pronounced dead at the scene. She was wearing a helmet.
Jaramillo-Garcia stopped her vehicle after the collision and complied with law enforcement officials on scene, NHP Trooper Dave Gibson said. She was taken to Barton Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
The initial NHP investigation indicates inattention or impairment may be a contributing factor in the crash.
Recommended Stories For You
The westbound lanes were shut down with traffic control directed by NDOT for several hours while the crash scene was diagramed and investigated.
Friends of Amber Hallmark's son are raising money so he can cross the country. To see the Go Fund Me account, visitgofundme.com/x9sqhhg.
Trending In: Crime
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Judge: Entitled, obsessed Aaron Katz must pay $225K in IVGID attorney fees
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020