Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
September 23, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Police officers arrested two Nevada residents in the Glenshire subdivision Thursday night on suspicion of felony theft and misdemeanor heroin possession, among other crimes.
At about 10:30 p.m. Thursday, officers responded to the area of the Glenshire General Store on Dorchester Drive for a report of two suspicious subjects loitering near closed businesses, according to a statement from the Truckee Police Department.
"When officers arrived, both subjects provided false information, and a brief investigation revealed they both had numerous warrants from out of the area," police said. "In their possession was a large quantity of stolen property they have acquired over the past few days."
Officers arrested Ryan Gene Huddin, 31, and Jessica Monique McGee, 29, both of Gardnerville, Nev. Both were booked early Friday morning in Nevada County Jail on $10,000 bail.
According to police, the suspects were in possession of multiple stolen bicycles (one valued at over $7,000) and miscellaneous power tools, as well as heroin and other drug paraphernalia.
According to the jail's booking report, Huddin faces a felony charge of possessing stolen property, and misdemeanor charges of possessing burglary tools, providing false ID and possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia.
Recommended Stories For You
McGee faces a felony charge of possessing stolen property and a misdemeanor charge of possessing burglary tools.
"The Truckee Police Department is very grateful to the folks who have reported suspicious behaviors and provided descriptive information on these individuals over the past two days which led us to their apprehension," police said. "This serves as a great reminder to us all that if you 'see something, say something.'"
Trending In: Crime
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Campground robberies reported outside Truckee
- Report shows Lake Tahoe is a hot spot for sex trafficking
- Man, 36, killed in head-on crash in Truckee Sunday evening
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Southern League tennis teams sweep state finals