North Tahoe crime logs: April 16 to May 5
June 10, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff's Office press log for April 16 to May 5.
• At 7:30 p.m. on the 1000 Block of Cambridge in Kings Beach, a female driver was turned over to California Highway Patrol for suspected DUI.
• At 6:30 p.m. in Olympic Valley, report was taken for a search and rescue of a father and daughter who got lost hiking from Donner Summit to Squaw Valley. The missing party was located, unharmed, by helicopter personnel.
Recommended Stories For You
• Officers took a report for theft, identity theft, embezzlement and elder abuse on Observation Drive in Tahoe City. A female family member is suspected of victimizing an elderly female in her 90s. Charges are pending.
• At 10 a.m. on Highway 89 at Goose Meadows in Truckee, a subject was cited for possession of illegal fireworks in his vehicle.
• At 8:15 p.m. on the 5000 Block of Northstar Drive in Truckee, a verbal argument started due to the suspect's inability to control her unruly children. During the disagreement, the suspect began pushing and shoving three different adult victims. All victims declined to prosecute.
• At 1 p.m. on Highway 89 at Alpine Meadows, an unknown suspect threw a rock at victim's car as he was driving, causing $250 in damage. Officers were not able to locate the suspect, as it was reported hours later.
• At 4 p.m. on the 8300 Block of Loch Levon in Kings Beach, a female was arrested for suspected domestic violence. The female was reported beating the boyfriend in the face and head.
• At 10:15 p.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, a male subject reportedly filled up a basket with groceries and left the store. The suspect actually returned to the store, and deputies arrived and arrested him for burglary and possession of narcotics and paraphernalia.
• At 8 p.m. on Observation Drive in Tahoe City, victim reported that her sister threw a frying pan at her striking her on the arm. The victim desires prosecution.
• On the 8600 Block of Cutthroat in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect vandalized victim's window. The victim suspects an acquaintance.
• At 1:30 p.m. on Observation Drive in Tahoe City, officer took a report for criminal threats. During a heated argument, a female suspect told the female victim that she should get a knife and stab her in the face.
• At 9:45 p.m. on Highway 28 at Granite in Tahoe Vista, a female subject was pulled over for traveling at a high rate of speed and was subsequently turned over to California Highway Patrol for suspected DUI.
• At 8 a.m. on the 200 Block of Squaw Peak Road in Olympic Valley, an unknown suspect removed skis and boots out of a locked vehicle that had windows rolled down.
• At 7 p.m. on the 1000 Block of Mineral Springs in Tahoe City, officers responded to a possible domestic dispute. When deputies arrived, a female was determined to be too intoxicated to care for her child. No domestic violence was determined, but the female was arrested on public intoxication and child endangerment charges.
• At 9:30 a.m. on the 400 Block of Squaw Creek Road in Olympic Valley, officers took a report for harassing phone calls. The female suspect called ex-boyfriend's place of work over 40 times in two-day period.
• At 11:45 p.m. on the 1800 Block of Squaw Valley Road in Olympic Valley, a male suspect was arrested for battery after punching a male victim in the face for no apparent reason other than being very intoxicated.
• At 1:30 p.m. on the 200 Block of Alpine Meadows Road, an unknown suspect stole two bags of clothing from an unlocked vehicle two weeks ago.
• At 8:30 p.m. on National at Latone in Tahoe Vista, a male subject was pulled over and turned over to California Highway Patrol for suspicion of DUI and possession of metal knuckles.
• On the 600 Block of Olympic in Tahoe City, victim wired $2,400 to secure an apartment in San Francisco. When victim arrived at the property, the residents advised that 6 other people (victims) also had showed up to rent and had wired money for an apartment that wasn't available.
• At 12:15 a.m. on Squaw Peak Way in Olympic Valley, a male subject was arrested on an outstanding Nevada County warrant.
• At 8:15 a.m. on the 1000 Block of Trent in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole a garage door opener from an unlocked vehicle.
• At 1:30 p.m. at Martis Camp, officers took a report of a road rage incident that occurred on the highway. A male suspect chased victim in his vehicle from I-80 to Martis Camp. The suspect was "high beaming" the victim, honking and flipping him off. Once they arrived at Martis Camp, security asked the suspect to leave the grounds. Report was taken for documentation only.
• At 9:30 p.m. on Highway 28 at Agatam in Tahoe Vista, a male subject was pulled over for going the wrong way on a one-way street. The subject had been drinking and was turned over to California Highway Patrol for DUI.
• At 1 a.m. on the 8500 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, report was taken for a battery that occurred at a bar. No one was arrested.
• At 11:45 a.m. on the 3400 Block of Edgewater in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect stole misact sporting goods and household equipment from an unlocked storage building.
• At 5:30 p.m. on the 7900 Block of Forest Glen in Tahoe Vista, an incident report was taken for a complaint of loud music.
• At 11:30 a.m. on the 200 Block of Pino Grande in Tahoe Vista, reporting party claims female suspect vandalized the residence when she moved out of the reporting party's home.
• At 12 a.m. on the 8800 Block of Loch Levon in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole victim's purse from an unsecured vehicle.
• At 3 a.m. on the 9800 Block of Pilot in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect entered an unsecured residence and stole personal documents, medication and $4 in quarters.
• At 8 p.m. on the 3800 Block of Forest in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect stole victim's guns from his gun safe.
Trending In: Crime
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge