North Tahoe crime logs: Feb. 13-28
Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office press log for February 13-28.
• Sometime overnight on the 8300 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect spray painted graffiti on numerous park benches, trash bins and concrete barriers.
• At 5 a.m. on the 900 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, deputies responded to a report of a “man down” call. A female was found passed out due to high level of intoxication and was transported to the hospital. The female became combative at the hospital and punched a nurse. Charges will be filed for battery on medical personnel.
• At 10 a.m. on the 8600 Block of Salmon Avenue in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect broke into a business and stole $300 in cash from a lock box.
• At 11 a.m. on the 8600 Block of North Lake Tahoe Boulevard in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect broke into a business.
• At 5 p.m. on the 15000 Block of Conifer Drive in Truckee, sometime in the past two weeks, an unknown suspect broke into residence and stole several electronic items.
• At 1:15 a.m. on the 400 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, deputies responded to a report of an unruly subject who was subsequently arrested for public intoxication.
• At 12:30 p.m. on the 5300 Block of West Lake Boulevard in Homewood, a suspected DUI driver was turned over to California Highway Patrol.
• At 2 p.m. on the 600 Block of Chipmunk Street in Kings Beach, a victim claimed her roommate stole two computers and fled the area.
• At 3 p.m. on the 3000 Block of Panorama Drive in Tahoe City, two males ensued in a verbal altercation which resulted in the suspect kicking the victim`s rental car and causing unknown amount of damage.
• At 9:30 p.m. on the 1900 Block of Squaw Valley Road in Olympic Valley, pursuant to a jealous rage, a physical altercation ensued between two females, one of whom was cited on a citizen’s arrest for battery.
• At 4 p.m. behind the 8500 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, a male subject was taken into custody for public intoxication and resisting arrest.
• At 3 a.m. on Highway 89 at Sequoia Avenue in Tahoe City, a citizen reported a possible drunk driver. When deputies arrived, a female suspect’s vehicle was found in a ditch. The female was turned over to California Highway Patrol for suspected DUI.
• At 8 p.m. on the 8500 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, deputies responded to a report of a male kicking a window of a business. It was determined that he had a warrant out of Plumas County and was arrested.
• At 7:45 p.m. on the 8300 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, a male subject was found stumbling in the roadway and was subsequently arrested for public intoxication.
• At 5 a.m. on the 7600 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, a male subject was taken into protective custody due to his high level of intoxication.
• At 10 a.m. on the 3000 Block of Polaris Road in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect stole victim`s Hugo Boss suit, which was allegedly delivered to his residence sometime in January.
• At 3:45 a.m. on Highway 89 at Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, a female was turned over to California Highway Patrol for driving under the influence.
• At 12:15 p.m. on Highway 89 at Sequoia Avenue in Tahoe City, a good Samaritan contacted a driver whose snowboard flew off his vehicle. By the time the victim arrived at the location, the board was M.I.A.
• At 11:30 p.m. on Brockway Summit in Kings Beach, a DUI driver was turned over to California Highway Patrol.
• At 10:45 a.m. on the 1800 Block of Silvertip Drive in Tahoe City, a male subject was arrested for a warrant out of Contra Costa.
• At 9:45 a.m. on the 7000 Block of Kingswood in Kings Beach, a suspect was arrested during a probation search, which yielded possession of heroin and methamphetamine.
• At 5:30 p.m. on Brockway Summit at the Tahoe Rim Trail in Kings Beach, a male subject became lost during a late afternoon hike. Placer County officers and Tahoe Nordic Search and Rescue were called out and located the lost hiker within an hour.
• At 8 a.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect keyed victim’s car.
• At 12:30 a.m. on the 400 Block of Fox Street in Kings Beach, a female driver was pulled over for a vehicle code violation. She stopped her car, got out and ran, but was detained quickly. The female was arrested for driving under the influence.
• At 11:45 a.m. on the 200 Block of Fox Street in Kings Beach, report was taken for a battery between two males. One subject started chocking the other one as he accused him of tearing up his girlfriend’s flowers.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User