North Tahoe crime logs: Man caught defecating in downtown Tahoe City
August 26, 2016
Below is a selection of incidents from the Placer County Sheriff's press log for June 13-15.
7:30am, 2300 Block, Overlook Place, Truckee: Unknown suspects vandalized a home under construction by spray painting the walls and fixtures and damaging a drum sander, causing over $6,000 in damages.
6:30am, 800 Block, North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City: A male subject was cited for defecating in downtown Tahoe City in front of several children and adults, including a Placer County sergeant.
5:30pm, 1700 Block, Washoe Way, Tahoe City: Victim received a call from an alleged IRS agent claiming he owed back taxes. Victim then purchased $2,500 in iTunes gift cards, got a $5,000 advance from his credit card and wired an additional $2,800 to the suspect. In all, the victim lost $10,000. Suspect was not an IRS agent.
Recommended Stories For You
12:10am, 8500 Block, North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach: Pursuant to a drunken bar fight, 1 male suspect was arrested for public intoxication.
Trending In: Crime
- Incident reports from Placer County
- Four Tahoe businesses busted for selling booze to minors
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Nevada County correctional officer named in suit also faces criminal charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter