North Tahoe crime logs: Man grabs man’s genitals in alcohol-fueled altercation
July 30, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff's Office press log for June 17-30, as provided to the Sierra Sun by PCSO staff.
A man was arrested on the 7700 block of Pinedrop Lane in Tahoe Vista around 3:45 a.m. when he made a call for service but was discovered to be under the influence of a controlled substance.
During a routine probationary search of a Kings Beach man's home, deputies discovered drug paraphernalia, leading to the man's arrest for violating his probation.
Recommended Stories For You
An altercation on the 200 block of Bear Street in Kings Beach led deputies to the scene of a man with a life-threatening injury on his head when a fight between he and another female turned violent. The man was life flighted to a Reno hospital where his injuries were treated. No arrests were made due to insufficient evidence.
A man was arrested around 2:30 p.m. in Hurricane Bay while operating a boat under the influence of alcohol.
A female was arrested on the 8500 block of North Lake Boulevard around 12 a.m. after fighting several people at a nearby bar. The woman was arrested on charges of public intoxication and assaulting a peace officer.
Deputies were dispatched to the 8600 block of Brockway Vista in Kings Beach around 5:45 a.m. after reports of an assault with a deadly weapon. Upon arrival, deputies reported three intoxicated males had fallen asleep on a private pier and were awoken by another man, who allegedly grabbed one of the intoxicated men by the genitals and refused to let go. One of the men hit the man holding the other with a skateboard. All of the men refused medical assistance. Both parties reported signed citizen arrest forms against each other.
A man, aware of active warrants for his arrest, fled on foot when deputies attempted to approach him. The pursuing deputies lost sight of the man for a time, but eventually located him with a sprained arm – an injury he sustained earlier in the day. The suspect was medically cleared from a nearby hospital, cited, and released on the warrants. Deputies added a charge of resisting arrest to his warrant.
Pursuant to a reported disturbance, a male suspect was taken into custody for public intoxication on the 6900 block of Toyon Road around 11 p.m.
Trending In: Crime
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Nevada County correctional officer named in suit also faces criminal charges
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges