North Tahoe crime logs, May 1-31
July 1, 2014
Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff's Office press log for May 5-31.
• At 9:30 a.m. on the 200 Block of Rim in Tahoe Vista, a suspect entered victim's residence and stole over $100K worth of jewelry, guns and personal property. It was determined a family member was involved in the burglary and was arrested at a later date.
• At 12 p.m. on the 8300 Block of Trout in Kings Beach, a male subject called to report getting punched in the face by his brother. When deputies arrived, the subject was too intoxicated to care for himself and was taken into custody for drunk in public.
• At 12:15 p.m. at the Tahoe Vista Animal Shelter, a male subject was arrested for burglary after he showed up at the shelter and unlawfully removed his dog without paying the required fee.
Recommended Stories For You
• At 10 p.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect spray painted a light post in the parking lot of a business.
• At 11 a.m. on the 8500 Block of Golden in Kings Beach, victim sent $2,000 money order to an address in Alabama for a vehicle she thought she purchased on Craigslist.
• At 8:45 a.m. on the 100 Block of Alpine Meadows Road in Tahoe City, a male subject was arrested for public intoxication after refusing to leave a business he was passed out in.
• At 3:30 p.m. on Highway 28 at Burton Creek in Tahoe City, an off-duty deputy witnessed a driver swerving and driving erratically. A deputy caught up to the vehicle and determined the driver to be under the influence of alcohol. The female suspect was turned over to CHP.
• At 2 a.m. on Highway 28 at Lakewood in Tahoe City, a female driver was turned over to CHP for suspected DUI.
• At 5:15 a.m. of Highway 267 in Kings Beach, a transient male dialed 911 thinking someone was "after him." The subject was contacted at his tent and nothing suspicious was found.
• At 9:30 a.m. on the 8700 Block of Cutthroat in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect entered an unlocked vehicle sometime overnight and stole pair of sunglasses.
• At 11 p.m. on the 5000 Block of Nile in Carnelian Bay, a female reported her male roommate threw a liquor bottle and hit her in the stomach. The female was determined to have a felony warrant out of Sacramento and was arrested. The District Attorney will review the assault charges on the male half.
• At 2 a.m. on the 5000 Block of Nile in Carnelian Bay, a male subject was arrested for prowling after the female from the last incident asked him to go to the house. The male attempted to enter the residence several times without ever knocking or identifying himself.
• At 9 a.m. on the 8400 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, a male subject robbed a bank and fled the scene. An FBI agent found a vehicle matching the description of the suspect vehicle on the East Shore and followed it until back-up units arrived. Officers followed the suspect to Carson City where he abandoned the vehicle and foot bailed. The pursuit continued, the suspect was caught and arrested for armed robbery.
• At 2:15 p.m. on the 5100 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Carnelian Bay, a male subject was contacted while hitchhiking. It was determined the male had 6 outstanding warrants out of 3 counties.
• At 8 p.m. on the 100 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, a male subject was taken into custody for public intoxication after he was discovered stumbling on the highway.
• At 9 p.m. on the 7000 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect stole victim's iPhone from a bar.
• At 4:30 p.m. on the 5800 Block of Uplands in Carnelian Bay, an unknown suspect vandalized victim's deck sometime during the winter.
• At 1:30 a.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, a male subject was caught shoplifting a bottle of Crown Royal and was arrested for theft.
• At 10 a.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, a male subject entered a store and shoplifted food and liquor and left without paying. The suspect was contacted and later arrested for felony theft with prior convictions.
• At 12 p.m. on the 5200 Block of West Lake Boulevard in Homewood, an unknown suspect stole victim's raft from his property.
• At 9:30 p.m. on Highway 28 at National in Tahoe Vista, a male subject was arrested for suspected DUI.
• At 7:45 a.m. on the 8600 Block of Trout in Kings Beach, an unknown male subject attempted to enter victim's residence, but fled when the victim yelled at him.
• At 9 a.m. on the 8500 Block of Golden in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole victim's stereo out of his unlocked car.
• At 9:15am on the 400 Block of Highway 267 in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole victim's snow blower, two bikes and other personal items out of a locked garage.
• At 2 a.m. on the 8300 Block of Trout in Kings Beach, two brothers engaged in a physical fight over money owed. The victim desires prosecution.
• At 11 a.m. on the 4200 Block of Jeffery in Tahoe City, two male neighbors started arguing due to one subject driving too fast by the other's residence. One male reached inside the car and slapped the other across the face. The victim desires prosecution.
• At 1:30 p.m. on the 8700 Block of Rainbow in Kings Beach, a male suspect pushed the female victim to the ground after finding out she cheated on his father. The victim declined prosecution.
• At 5 p.m. on the 1600 Block of Washoe in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect stole bicycles from a bike rack attached to the victim's vehicle.
• At 10 p.m. on the 8800 Block of Brook in Kings Beach, a male subject was arrested for public intoxication during a traffic stop. When a deputy pulled over the vehicle, the driver fled, leaving the heavily intoxicated subject in the passenger seat. The driver was never located.
• At 7 p.m. on the 8500 Block of Brook in Kings Beach, a male subject was turned over to California Highway Patrol for suspicion of DUI.
• At 9 a.m. on the 1800 Block of West Lake boulevard in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect stole victim's unsecured mountain bike from a parking lot.
• At 12:15 p.m. on the 6400 Block of Cascade in Homewood, an unknown suspect removed metal trim off his vehicle.
• At 2 p.m. on the 8600 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, a male accidentally shot victim in the face while sitting in a vehicle; it was discovered the gun was stolen in a residential burglary a couple of weeks earlier. Several subjects were arrested on various charges including possession of stolen property, conspiracy, accessory and negligent discharge of a firearm.
• At 2:30 p.m. on the 6800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect removed several trees from victim's property sometime in the past week.
• At 1 a.m. on the 8700 Block of Salmon in Kings Beach, a belligerent female in a bar was ushered out by the bouncer was ultimately arrested for public intoxication.
• At 6 a.m. on the 8700 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, a male subject was arrested for trespassing after entering a motel room without paying. The subject was also found with a pipe and some hash.
• At 5 p.m. near Carnelian Bay, a male subject was arrested for boating under the influence of alcohol.
Trending In: Crime
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Judge: Entitled, obsessed Aaron Katz must pay $225K in IVGID attorney fees
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall