North Tahoe crime logs: Suspect steals blender, tools from vehicle
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office press log for April 17-21.
• At 6:20 a.m. on the 1400 Block of Pine in Tahoe City, report taken for a domestic dispute, no arrest made.
• At 9 a.m. on the 400 Block of Bear, a report was taken that, sometime overnight, an unknown suspect removed tools and a blender from a victim’s unlocked vehicle. Another victim had his ski pass and pants stolen from his vehicle parked at same location.
• On the 8400 Block of Steelhead in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect rifled through a victim’s vehicle, but nothing was taken. Another victim reported the same occurrence at the same location.
• On the 200 Block of Fox in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s Social Security card and bank receipts.
• On the 8600 Block of Loch Levon in Kings Beach, a suspect stole a victim’s iPhone from his unlocked vehicle.
• At 1:30 p.m. on the 1200 Block of Lords Way in Tahoe Vista, a suspect attempted to file a fraudulent tax return under a victim’s name.
• At 2 p.m. on the 8600 Block of Brockway Vista in Kings Beach a suspect stole loose change and a MP3 player from a victim’s unlocked vehicle sometime overnight.
• At 7 p.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, a female was seen on video stealing facial cream. She admitted to taking the lotion. Charges are pending.
• At 6 p.m. on the 300 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, deputies responded to a domestic dispute in a parking lot. The male half left before deputies arrived. He was later located driving under the influence and arrested for DUI and domestic violence.
• At 11 p.m. at the intersection of Highway 28 and Center in Carnelian Bay, a report was taken for defrauding an innkeeper. Male subject failed to pay the cab driver on two separate occasions.
• At 11:45 a.m. on the 200 Block of Granlibakken in Tahoe City, an incident report taken for threatening text messages being sent by a victim’s ex-roommate.
• At 5 p.m. at the intersection of Highway 28 and Coon in Kings Beach, a male was arrested for public intoxication after causing a disturbance in the middle of the street.
• At 1 a.m. at the intersection of Highway 28 and Lake Forest in Tahoe City, a male subject was turned over to CHP for suspected DUI.
• At 12:30 p.m. on the 8600 Block of Salmon in Kings Beach, reports were taken for suspicious circumstances. A female tried to sell computers to families in the neighborhood. A couple of victims wrote $500 checks to the suspect as a down payment.
• At 4:45 a.m. on the 7900 Block of North in Tahoe Vista, an intoxicated female was arrested for violation of probation.
• At 8:30 a.m. on the 300 Block of Park in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s generator and a box of nails out of his garage.
• At 6 p.m. at the corner of Coon and Rainbow in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unlocked mountain bike.
• At 11:15 a.m. on the 200 Block of Bear in Kings Beach, during a probation search, a female subject was cited and released when a bindle of methamphetamine fell out of her pocket.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User