North Tahoe crime logs: Suspect steals blender, tools from vehicle
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office press log for April 17-21.
• At 6:20 a.m. on the 1400 Block of Pine in Tahoe City, report taken for a domestic dispute, no arrest made.
• At 9 a.m. on the 400 Block of Bear, a report was taken that, sometime overnight, an unknown suspect removed tools and a blender from a victim’s unlocked vehicle. Another victim had his ski pass and pants stolen from his vehicle parked at same location.
• On the 8400 Block of Steelhead in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect rifled through a victim’s vehicle, but nothing was taken. Another victim reported the same occurrence at the same location.
• On the 200 Block of Fox in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s Social Security card and bank receipts.
• On the 8600 Block of Loch Levon in Kings Beach, a suspect stole a victim’s iPhone from his unlocked vehicle.
• At 1:30 p.m. on the 1200 Block of Lords Way in Tahoe Vista, a suspect attempted to file a fraudulent tax return under a victim’s name.
• At 2 p.m. on the 8600 Block of Brockway Vista in Kings Beach a suspect stole loose change and a MP3 player from a victim’s unlocked vehicle sometime overnight.
• At 7 p.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, a female was seen on video stealing facial cream. She admitted to taking the lotion. Charges are pending.
• At 6 p.m. on the 300 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, deputies responded to a domestic dispute in a parking lot. The male half left before deputies arrived. He was later located driving under the influence and arrested for DUI and domestic violence.
• At 11 p.m. at the intersection of Highway 28 and Center in Carnelian Bay, a report was taken for defrauding an innkeeper. Male subject failed to pay the cab driver on two separate occasions.
• At 11:45 a.m. on the 200 Block of Granlibakken in Tahoe City, an incident report taken for threatening text messages being sent by a victim’s ex-roommate.
• At 5 p.m. at the intersection of Highway 28 and Coon in Kings Beach, a male was arrested for public intoxication after causing a disturbance in the middle of the street.
• At 1 a.m. at the intersection of Highway 28 and Lake Forest in Tahoe City, a male subject was turned over to CHP for suspected DUI.
• At 12:30 p.m. on the 8600 Block of Salmon in Kings Beach, reports were taken for suspicious circumstances. A female tried to sell computers to families in the neighborhood. A couple of victims wrote $500 checks to the suspect as a down payment.
• At 4:45 a.m. on the 7900 Block of North in Tahoe Vista, an intoxicated female was arrested for violation of probation.
• At 8:30 a.m. on the 300 Block of Park in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s generator and a box of nails out of his garage.
• At 6 p.m. at the corner of Coon and Rainbow in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unlocked mountain bike.
• At 11:15 a.m. on the 200 Block of Bear in Kings Beach, during a probation search, a female subject was cited and released when a bindle of methamphetamine fell out of her pocket.