North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
September 23, 2016
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Below is a selection of incidents from the Placer County Sheriff's press log for July 15-16.
5pm, 9900 Block, Lake, Kings Beach: Sometime overnight, an unknown suspect stole a victim's $8,000 specialized mountain bike.
12pm, 9700 Block, North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach: Incident report taken for dumping of trash in a rented Dumpster. The criteria for a crime was not met and the suspect is unknown.
1:30pm, 9900 Block, Lake, Kings Beach: Report taken for trespassing. Female subject refused to leave the beach above the high water mark. The reporting party signed a citizen's arrest form.
Recommended Stories For You
2pm, 1900 Block, Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley: Female suspect was arrested for an outstanding warrant. During transportation to the jail, female became combative, kicked out the window of the patrol car and jumped out. Additional charges of vandalism and resisting arrest were added.
3pm, 700 Block, North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City: Unknown suspect stole two rings from a jewelry store during business hours. Estimated loss of $15,000.
8pm, 9700 Block, North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach: Male subject arrested per citizen's arrest for trespassing.
10:30pm, Kings Beach State Recreation Area: Male suspect was arrested for public intoxication after becoming violent and hitting someone in the face.
Trending In: Crime
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)