Several hurt in July 4 car crash in Truckee
July 6, 2015
Authorities believe alcohol and/or drugs may have been involved in a three-car accident on Highway 267 near Brockway Road in Truckee that injured several people on July 4.
One driver was transported to Renown Hospital in Reno with major injuries, according to the Truckee Police Department.
Officers determined at the scene the individual was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the collision and struck the steering wheel and windshield.
Meanwhile, two other vehicle occupants were transported to Tahoe Forest Hospital with minor to moderate injuries. Several other people reported minor injuries at the scene, but were not transported.
The names, residence and ages of those involved were not released in the accident notice.
Truckee Police, who responded to the accident at 10:54 p.m. Saturday, determined that the driver who was transported to Renown rear-ended the other two vehicles, causing a chain-reaction collision.
Recommended Stories For You
Officers believe alcohol and/or drugs were involved, but chemical test results are pending. The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
The Truckee Fire and North Tahoe Fire protection districts also responded to the accident.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Campground robberies reported outside Truckee
- Judge: Entitled, obsessed Aaron Katz must pay $225K in IVGID attorney fees
- Man, 36, killed in head-on crash in Truckee Sunday evening
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)