Suspected Kings Beach bank robber arrested
May 19, 2014
A Carson City man suspected of robbing a Kings Beach bank and leading law enforcement officials on a chase Friday is under arrest, according to Nevada Highway Patrol.
Officials say 55-year-old Brent Muir armed with a handgun robbed Plumas Bank for an undisclosed amount of money around 8:30 a.m. Friday before fleeing the scene in a tan 2008 Chevrolet Impala.
Federal law enforcement spotted Muir at Sand Harbor and requested NHP initiate a traffic stop on the vehicle. Douglas County Sheriff's Office and the Carson City Sheriff's Office assisted, with Muir eluding all agencies.
Muir led officers on a pursuit through parts of south Carson City, where he jumped out of the vehicle and fled on foot. After a short foot pursuit, he was apprehended by Douglas County Sheriff officials, with NHP taking custody of Muir.
A search of the car turned up a weapon and money.
Muir was arrested for eluding and reckless driving and driving without a valid driver's license.
Recommended Stories For You
Robbery charges are pending further investigation from the FBI and Placer County Sheriff's Office.
Anyone with additional information should contact the NHP Dispatch Center at 775-687-0400.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee Police arrest ax-wielding sex offender on felony charges
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Judge: Entitled, obsessed Aaron Katz must pay $225K in IVGID attorney fees
- Man, woman arrested after armed robbery of Lake Tahoe 7-Eleven
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week