Tahoe man, 24, arrested on suspicion of having sex with minor
August 19, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A 24-year-old local man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of unlawful sex with a minor, police said.
Detectives arrested Erwin Bosbeli Cifuentes-Perez, of Kings Beach, after the alleged victim's parents contacted police to report they had broken up a relationship between their minor-aged child and Cifuentes-Perez, according to the Truckee Police Department.
"Detectives … determined the relationship was consensual; however the suspect was several years older than the victim, making the sexual relationship illegal," officers said. "The suspect was aware of the age difference and admitted to knowing it was unlawful for him to engage in sex with the victim."
Cifuentes-Perez was arrested at the Village at Squaw Valley, and booked into Nevada County Jail for unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. His bail was set at $100,000.
"Truckee Police takes reports such as these very seriously. Victims in these cases, even where the situation is consensual, are often afraid to speak out," officers said. "Victims may contact Truckee Police or Tahoe Safe Alliance to report the situation confidentially and to seek advice."
Contact TSA at 530-582-9117 (Truckee), 530-546-7804 (Kings Beach) or 775-298-0010 (Incline Village), or fill out an online form at tahoesafealliance.org/contact/.
Recommended Stories For You
Contact Truckee Police at 530-550-2323.
Trending In: Crime
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP