Truckee man arrested for felony assault after downtown fight (updated)
June 28, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A local man was arrested Saturday night after police say he caused serious bodily injury to a Chico man during a fight outside the bars in downtown Truckee.
According to a Tuesday news release, Truckee Police Department officers arrested Truckee resident Bryan Luke Sperlin, 24, on suspicion of felony assault after a physical altercation with Jesse Hill, 39, of Chico, Calif., in downtown Truckee.
The altercation resulted in Hill —who is a Truckee native and graduate of Truckee High School — being severely injured and left unconscious on the sidewalk in front of the Pastime Club bar off Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
Sperlin, who was also in violation of the terms of his probation, according to police, was arrested at the scene and booked into the Nevada County Jail.
Hill remains hospitalized at this time, according to the authorities.
As of Thursday, a source told the Sun that Hill's condition was slightly improving, although he remained in serious condition.
Recommended Stories For You
The initial investigation, according to TPD, revealed that Hill and Sperlin began a verbal argument earlier in the evening at the Tourist Club bar, located a few doors down from the Pastime Club in downtown.
According to police, Hill left the T-Club and was later standing in front of the Pastime Club. Sperlin was entering the Pastime Club when he and Hill began a second argument, leading to the fight.
TPD officers who were on foot patrol responded to the scene at about 11:05 p.m. when they were summoned by a group of people near the Pastime Club. At the same time, 911 callers were reporting an assault with a victim unconscious, the release states.
The case remains under investigation, according to authorities.
According to the Nevada County Jail, Sperlin's bail was set at $50,000 on two felonies and one misdemeanor charge.
Police encourage anyone with information related to the case to contact the Truckee Police Department at 530-550-2323.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- VIPS indeed: Volunteers in Police Services support Truckee Police Department
- Man accused of threatening Truckee judge found incompetent, now in state hospital
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra