Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
May 21, 2018
A Truckee man wanted by Stanislaus County on an assault charge remained held Monday afternoon in Nevada County on $100,500 in bond, authorities said.
Steven Lennie McCarthy, 29, faces a charge of assault with a deadly weapon that isn't a firearm, jail records state.
Truckee police around 4:20 a.m. Saturday spotted McCarthy and another man in dark clothes walking on Old Brockway Road, about a quarter-mile south of downtown. Police contacted the men out of safety concerns, Officer Arnie Lopez said.
"Both produced ID upon request," Lopez added.
Police then discovered McCarthy had an outstanding arrest warrant, leading to his arrest. The second man faced no charges, Lopez said.
The men said they were walking to a gas station to buy alcohol, the officer added.
Trending In: Crime
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers