Truckee officials urge fire, alcohol safety for Fourth weekend
July 1, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The following is a summary of a joint safety message issued this week from the Truckee Police Department and Truckee Fire Protection District:
Extreme drought conditions exist. No campfires are allowed outside of designated campgrounds. All fireworks are illegal in the Truckee/Tahoe Basin. You can be personally liable for any fires started from illegal fireworks.
All residential warming fires need to be extinguished after use with water until cold to the touch. Think twice before starting barbecues or warming fires if windy; check local fire conditions. The Truckee Police Department will be strictly enforcing fire and safety related violations.
Consume alcohol in moderation, and don't drive, boat, or ride bicycles after consuming alcohol. Traffic conditions will be congested. There are numerous special events taking place in the Truckee/Tahoe Basin — drive, walk, or ride bicycles safely during this congested time of year.
To report any fires or illegal activity, call 911 or Truckee Police Dispatch 530-550-2320.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- VIPS indeed: Volunteers in Police Services support Truckee Police Department
- Man accused of threatening Truckee judge found incompetent, now in state hospital
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra