Truckee Police log: Man rescued after becoming lost in Carpenter Valley
July 27, 2015
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for July 7 to July 14, along with previously unreported incidents.
A reported hit and run along Donner Pass Road around 12:39 p.m. resulted in property damage. Truckee Police Department officers later located a suspect and an arrest was made.
Truckee Fire Department requested assistance to manage a reportedly suspicious fire near Skislope Way around 1:19 p.m. Further investigation was able to determine the fire to be caused by an illegal campfire, according to police. Two suspects were reportedly located and cited.
Police responded to a report of fraudulent use of a Truckee resident's social security card. Police report the suspect used the social security card to obtain credit. While no arrest was made, the victim filed a report.
Recommended Stories For You
During the service of a felony warrant, the suspect's father, who was reportedly attempting to harbor and/or deny police's entry into the Pioneer Trail residence, reportedly impeded police in their investigation. The suspect was eventually arrested and charged with the felony warrant and alleged narcotic possession.
Police responded to the report of a car driving off the road into a ditch around 11:56 p.m. Upon arrival police found the driver of the vehicle reportedly to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver was subsequently arrested and booked into Nevada County Sheriff's Office.
A woman was arrested after being observed by police who report she was stumbling on foot in the middle of the Church Street around 11:18 p.m. The woman was found to be unable to take care of herself due to her reported high level of intoxication and was charged with public intoxication.
A male was arrested for public intoxication around 5:31 p.m. outside of a Donner Pass Road convenience store after he was reported to have fallen inside the store, causing damage.
Nevada County Sheriff's department personnel rescued a male after he became lost in the Carpenter Valley while riding his bike. The man lost contact with family members after his phone battery lost power, prompting the rescue.
Trending In: Crime
- Incident reports from Placer County
- Four Tahoe businesses busted for selling booze to minors
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Nevada County correctional officer named in suit also faces criminal charges
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Update: Truckee police clear scene in Glenshire area, shelter in place order lifted