Truckee Police Logs: Adult student arrested after making death threats to teachers
May 19, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's online press log for May 3-9.
At 4:23 p.m., a subject turned in a purse that was found in downtown Truckee.
At 4:35 p.m. on Lausanne Way, a man called to report his home had been burglarized; the suspect was later identified and arrested.
At 7:57 a.m., officers took a report that a new "290 registrant" (code for registered sex offender) was reported within Truckee town limits.
Recommended Stories For You
At 9:52 a.m. at a school on Donner Pass Road, a student reported that his physical education class clothes had been stolen.
At 11:23 a.m. on Donner Pass Road, a suspected entered a bank, causing damage to property before being advised his account was closed.
At 7:30 p.m. at an undisclosed location, officers responded to a report of domestic violence. A male adult was arrested for spousal battery.
At 10:40 a.m. on Donner Pass Road, the TPD School Resource Officer arrested an adult student for making threats of death to two teachers.
At 1:49 a.m. at an undisclosed location, a vehicle was stopped for erratic driving; the driver was determined to be under the influence and was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
At 2:59 a.m. on Donner Pass Road, officers responded to a bar fight. One was suspect was arrested for drunk in public, with no charges pending.
At 1:38 a.m. on Kayhoe Court, officers responded to a report of a subject trying to enter a vehicle without permission. One male suspect was arrested for drunk in public.
At 6:11 p.m. on Manchester Drive, a resident discovered an un-exploded ordinance in his backyard. Placer County Sheriff's Office Explosive Ordinance Detail team was called for assistance, and the device was detonated. Info report taken for documentation purposes only.
Trending In: Crime
- Parents say Amtrak investigation around son’s injuries is a “smear campaign”
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Judge: Entitled, obsessed Aaron Katz must pay $225K in IVGID attorney fees
- Report shows Lake Tahoe is a hot spot for sex trafficking
- Truckee Police nab duo suspected in multiple auto, home burglaries
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit