Truckee Police Logs, April 2-14
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for April 2-14, along with previously unreported incidents.
EDITOR’S NOTE: While the Sun continues to play catch-up in publishing police logs, readers can stay up to date by visiting the town’s web page at townoftruckee.com/departments/police and clicking on “Press Log” in the left menu.
• Citizen called to report a vehicle in his private driveway on Estate Drive. The citizen advised the driver was intoxicated and he had taken his keys to the vehicle away.
• Driver was stopped for failing to stop at a stop sign and speeding. The driver was determined to be unlicensed and was cited and released.
• California Highway Patrol stopped a vehicle for traffic violation. The driver was later arrested for possession of cocaine. The driver had large amount of cash in the vehicle. The suspect was turned over to Truckee Police officers for asset seizure investigation.
• A subject violated a restraining order by following a protected person.
• Truckee Police Department canine assisted California Highway Patrol with a narcotics trafficking investigation. A positive canine alert resulted in the recovery of bulk methamphetamine and bulk marijuana. Two subjects were arrested by California Highway Patrol.
• Officers took a report of alleged petty theft of bus fares by employee. Informational report was taken and no prosecution was desired.
• Reporting party called because an intoxicated subject would not leave the residence. The subject was contacted and arrested for drunk in public.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a minor vehicle code violation. An investigation resulted in the driver of the vehicle to be arrested and booked for DUI.
• Caller requested police contact regarding civil issue on Waters Way. Upon contact, the caller accused his wife in past crimes, which upon investigation were found to be unsubstantiated.
• Officers took a report of a domestic violence and restraining order on Waters Way. The suspect was located and arrested.
• Officers responded to a hit and run collision that had occurred on Deerfield Drive. The reporting party had followed the suspect vehicle, eventually causing it to pull over. Officers arrived and took a report.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop on a traffic stop on a vehicle for minor traffic violation. An investigation resulted in the driver being arrested and booked for DUI.
• Officers initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle with multiple vehicle code violations. An investigation resulted in the driver being arrested for DUI. During the arrest, the driver became physically aggressive toward the officers. The driver was booked in Nevada City for multiple criminal charges.
• The registered owner of a vehicle arrived on scene while the vehicle was being towed due to the driver being arrested for DUI. The female owner was intoxicated and could not care for her own safety and was arrested.
• Officers took a report of two vehicles vandalized overnight on Riverside Road. There is no suspect information.
• Callers reported a male subject punching and hitting cars with a pole. The subject was contacted and arrested for public intoxication.
• A subject was reported to be possibly DUI while heading back to his residence on Pine Needle Way. The driver was located, stopped and arrested for DUI.
• Victim had several tools stolen from within her secured residence.
• Officers took a report of a possible marijuana grow on Skislope Way.
• Victim had a floor jack and massage table stolen from his driveway over the weekend.
• Victim’s tire was punctured causing it to flatten. The victim believes suspect is a former romantic interest.
• Victim had furniture from his rental property removed by former tenants. The victim also indicated the former tenants intentionally turned off the furnace in the residence causing the pipes to burst.
• Officers were dispatched to a residence on Somerset Drive regarding a runway juvenile.
• Ongoing neighbor dispute over property lines and usage resulted in the vandalism of the others property.
• Reporting party stated a male subject pulled his underwear down in a parking lot on Donner Pass Road, exposing his buttocks. The reporting party was concerned that this occurred in a public place. The male subject was located and denied the incident occurred. The male subject was admonished.
• An unknown person asked a student if she would like ride to school. Report was taken.
• A distressed dog was seen in the back of a vehicle in hot weather conditions. The dog was removed from the vehicle for health and safety reasons. The owner was contacted and cited. The dog was examined and released to his owner.
• Reporting party called to report her previously lost ID and credit cards are now being fraudulently used.
• An unknown person broke inside vacation home on Muhlebach Way and vandalized personal property.
• Officers took a report of repossession of a vehicle.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was found not to have a driver license. The driver was cited, released and the vehicle was towed.
• A driver was stopped for driving at 65 mph in a 35 mph zone and was arrested for DUI.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for mechanical violation. An investigation resulted in the driver of the vehicle to be arrested for DUI.
• Officers contacted a subject walking on top of parked cars in the downtown area. The subject was arrested for public intoxication.
• Officers took a report of disturbance involving a man who is restrained in a domestic violence restraining order and his children a scheduled visitation. Investigation determined the man’s actions were a violation of the restraining order. He was arrested and booked without incident.
• A man was involved in a toll over collision with his young daughter as a passenger. The man was arrested for DUI and child endangerment.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• A subject was involved in a solo bicycle collision while intoxicated. The subject was transported and treated at the hospital.