Truckee Police Logs, April 22-May 6
June 19, 2014
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for April 22 to May 6, along with previously unreported incidents.
EDITOR'S NOTE: While the Sun continues to play catch-up in publishing police logs in terms of available print space, readers can stay up to date by visiting the town's web page at town oftruckee.com/departments/police and clicking on "Press Log" in the left menu.
• Victim reported being assaulted in Reno at the Ponderosa Hotel where he suffered a skull fracture. A courtesy report was taken for Reno Police Department documenting the incident.
• Officers took a report to document a minor incident involving two town of Truckee maintenance vehicles and employees working on a job site.
Recommended Stories For You
• Officers took a report of solo vehicle DUI collision with minor injuries.
• A subject was stopped for standing in the middle of intersection talking on the phone. The subject was very intoxicated and could not care for his own safety and was arrested.
• An unknown suspect walked into store on Deerfield Drive and preformed a "quick change" scam. The suspect purposely confused the employee so the employee would give him more change back then needed. Report was taken.
• Officer responded to a domestic dispute on Highway 89 South. Information report was taken.
• A home on Bennett Flat Road was burglarized and a pallet gun was stolen and used in a different crime. Two suspects were identified and were arrested for multiple felony charges.
• Informational report was taken to document narcotics received from the DEA for K9 training.
• Officer took a report of a landlord-tenant dispute on Moraine Road where the landlord "poked" a tenant while evicting him.
• While assisting the Sheriff's Department, a suspect ran from law enforcement and jumped into the Truckee River. After a short pursuit the suspect was taken into custody on multiple charges.
• Officers responded to a large house party that hosted underage alcohol consumption on Schaffer Drive. One adult male was cited and released for contributing to the delinquency of minors. All juveniles' parents were contacted and safe rides home were arranged.
• A five-year-old threw a rock through a glass door at an apartment complex on Estates drive. Report was taken for documentation only.
• A subject was reported to be sitting in a vehicle on Deerfield Drive while intoxicated. The subject was contacted and was found to be unable to care for his safety. The subject was arrested. The subject also brought a controlled substance into jail facility.
• A driver was contacted at scene of single vehicle collision. The driver was later determined to be DUI. The driver was arrested, medically cleared and then booked at Nevada County Jail.
• Victim reported ongoing unwanted contact by ex-girlfriend.
• Officers contacted two subjects on Deerfield Drive after a report of drug activity. One subject was arrested for an outstanding warrant and drug paraphernalia.
• The suspect picked up her niece from a daycare on Pine Avenue, against the daycare policy. As suspect went to leave the facility with the child in hand; she shoved the victim who was standing in front of the door to prevent the child from leaving. Multiple citizens' arrests were completed.
• Suspects were contacted after an anonymous reporting party witnessed several subjects smoking methamphetamine inside a vehicle. The subjects were contacted, and one of the subjects had in his possession a glass meth smoking pipe, and a search of others in the vehicle produced marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia.
• Reporting party reported a suspicious vehicle occupied by a solo male on Beacon Road. Upon consensual contact, the occupant was found to possess an illegal weapon and narcotics. The occupant and the girlfriend, who showed up on the scene during the contact, were both arrested. Both were transported to the Nevada County Sheriff's Office and were booked.
• Citizen called to report traffic complaint concerning a Truckee Police Department electronic message sign. The reporting party was concerned that the sign was a safety hazard. Officer checked the area and found the sign in safe placement with no obstructions. The complaint was closed.
• Traffic complaint was filed regarding vehicle speeding on Jibboom Street and coming too close to hitting pedestrians. General complaint happening at all hours.
• Vehicle was stopped for a vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI and driving on s suspended driver's license.
• Driver was stopped for reckless driving and was arrested for DUI.
• A party reported a hit and run to their motor home that occurred on private property.
• A subject was found lying in the middle of traffic lane. The subject appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and was subsequently arrested.
• Reporting party stated he was contacted by an individual claiming to be an IRS agent. The suspect did not request money. Information report was taken.
• Officer saw a subject drawing graffiti on a picnic table. The subject was cited and released to his parents.
• Officers responded to a report of a burglary on Stuart Staithe. An investigation determined no burglary had taken place, just a civil dispute between two partners in a relationship.
• Reporting party called to report her estranged boyfriend was intoxicated and causing disturbance. Upon police contact, the suspect was contacted and subsequently arrested for public intoxication. The suspect was booked without further incident.
• Officers took a report of a person passed out in front of a business on Donner Pass Road. The subject was located and arrested for drunk in public.
• Vehicle was seen in violation of posted speed limit. Traffic stop was initiated and the driver was found to be intoxicated. The driver was subsequently arrested.
• Suspect attempted to burglarize former residence on Glacier View and was detained outside the residence. The suspect was very intoxicated and was arrested for drunk in public. During search, narcotics contraband was found.
Trending In: Crime
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Truckee-Tahoe resort community to add 16 new luxury homes in Old Greenwood
- A longer Legacy: Truckee council looks to expand trail
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Street repaving to begin in coming weeks