Truckee Police Logs: Elderly woman scammed out of $4,000
January 26, 2017
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Jan. 10-15
The press log is published online by the TPD; in cases where no location is reported, it's due to none being provided by the department, per the logs online. People arrested are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
Visit townoftruckee.com/departments/police/press-log to read the full press log for case numbers and other information.
10:22 pm, West River Street: Subject drunk and trying to get into the wrong house. Subject arrested and booked for drunk in public.
Recommended Stories For You
10:48 am: An elderly female victim was phoned by a suspect claiming to be her grandson who was in jail in Chicago. The suspect convinced her to send $4,000 to bail him out. Since crime occurred out of state, report was taken and forwarded to proper authorities.
3:07 pm, West River Street: Subject reported losing his handgun at undisclosed location; employees there located the firearm and turned it over to TPD for safekeeping.
9:32 pm, Sierra Drive: Report take for domestic disturbance.
11:43 am, Sierra Drive: Subject contacted Placer County DA's office claiming an employee misused law enforcement resources.
3:01 pm, Skislope Way: A resident claimed he was assaulted when a snow removal company blew snow on him. The resident insisted on pursuing a criminal case even though "the circumstances indicated it was a civil matter." Case forwarded to DA's office for review.
4:55 pm: Officers responded to a request for a welfare check and discovered one dead male adult. No suspicious circumstances.
4:37 pm, Laburnham Circle: Officers responded to a single vehicle into a snowbank. Driver was contacted and arrested for DUI.
8:06 pm, Huntsman Leap: During an argument, one party attempted to leave, backing into a vehicle in a driveway. Driver arrested for DUI.
11:58 pm, Donner Pass Road: Report of 2-vehicle collision with complaint of pain. One male driver was arrested for DUI.
6:14 am: Domestic violence incident occurred between boyfriend and girlfriend.
8:19 pm, Donner Pass Road: Information report taken regarding an argument over a transaction at a gas station.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- VIPS indeed: Volunteers in Police Services support Truckee Police Department
- Man accused of threatening Truckee judge found incompetent, now in state hospital
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra