Truckee Police Logs: Intoxicated male passes out, unable to care for kids
August 4, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's online press log for July 16-25.
At 8:19 p.m., police contacted several subjects who appeared to be camping inside a public transit shelter. Two of the three people were arrested for warrants.
At 8:28 p.m. on Old highway Drive, officers responded to a home for a report of an intoxicated male adult passed out and unable to share for his two small children who were also inside. Subject was cited and released for child endangerment; children turned over to their mother.
At 12:23 a.m. on Donner Pass Road, an allegedly intoxicated driver was spotted in a parking lot attempting to drive away; driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Recommended Stories For You
At 2:06 a.m., a vehicle stop resulted in the driver being arrested on suspicion of DUI.
At 8:39 p.m. on Schussing Way, an information report was taken for a heated verbal argument between a dating couple.
At 9:47 p.m., officers were dispatched to a subject who was asleep in his vehicle with the stereo blaring.
At 1 p.m. on Hillside Drive, officers responded to a report of a juvenile and an unknown individual exchanging threatening text messages.
At 1:06 p.m. on Donner Pass Road, officers responded to a non-injury, two-vehicle collision involving a DUI driver.
At 12:43 a.m. on Donner Pass Road, a subject was contacted after hitting a back door with a rock. Subject was arrested on suspicion of drunk in public.
At 8:04 a.m., officers took a report that a subject exposed himself to a victim as she was walking by him.
At 8:45 p.m., an officers spotted a subject screaming at passing cars and making lunging motions as if she were going to jump into traffic.
At 3:40 a.m. on Donner Pass Road, a vehicle stop resulted in the driver being arrested on suspicion of DUI.
At 11:51 a.m. on South Shore Drive, officers responded to a wake surfer who was injured after becoming entangled in the two line. He was treated by Truckee Fire EMS and refused transport. His injury was minor.
At 3:17 p.m. on Northwoods Boulevard, officers investigated a report that a person had his laptop stolen from his vehicle.
At 6 a.m. on Donner Pass Road, officers investigated a case of graffiti vandalism found at the rear of a local business.
At 6:57 p.m., officers responded to a report of a subject under the influence of meth. Subject arrested.
Trending In: Crime
- Parents say Amtrak investigation around son’s injuries is a “smear campaign”
- Judge: Entitled, obsessed Aaron Katz must pay $225K in IVGID attorney fees
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Report shows Lake Tahoe is a hot spot for sex trafficking
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit