Truckee Police Logs: Man hugging light pole arrested for drunk in public
February 22, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents compiled from the Truckee Police Department's online press log for Feb. 4-16, along with previously unreported incidents.
At 2:08 p.m. on Donner Pass Road, a local student was cited and released for marijuana possession.
At 2:21 p.m. on Snowpeak Way, officers responded to a burglary of wood from a detached garage.
Recommended Stories For You
At 3:15 a.m. on Woodbridge Lane, officers responded to a group of subjects who got lost and their vehicle was stuck. The vehicle was found to have false tabs and expired registration, so it was towed and the subjects were transported to Reno by taxi.
At 2:44 p.m. on Snowpeak Way, a victim reported theft of skis from a local ski area. Report taken.
At 7:31 p.m. on Swiss Lane, a subject was arrested for drunk in public following a disturbance outside a home.
At 4:56 p.m. on Rocky Lane, officers took a report that an unknown suspect had damaged the brake system of a vehicle, which also was moved without owner's consent. Report taken.
At 6:37 p.m. on Donner Pass Road, a subject was arrested for drunk in public and possession of a concealed weapon.
At 3:30 p.m. at an undisclosed location, police determined an adult suspect had sexual contact with a minor. Case forwarded to the District Attorney.
At 6:43 a.m. on Davos Drive, officers responded to a physical fight between a boyfriend and girlfriend. The boyfriend was arrested for felony domestic violence.
At 8:15 a.m. on Palisades Drive, officers took a report from a person who said her purse was stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
At 6:50 a.m. on Bridge Street, officers took a report from a person who said a GPS was stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
At 1:25 a.m. on Heidi Way, a woman was arrested for misdemeanor domestic violence after police say she battered her husband.
At 3:46 p.m. on Donner Pass Road, a subject was contacted after being observed staggering in the road way. Subject was arrested for drunk in public.
At 7:15 p.m. at an undisclosed location, a subject was contacted in the parking lot of a convenience store. Subject was arrested for drunk in public.
At 10:23 a.m. at an undisclosed location, a male subject was contacted after being found hugging a light pole. He was arrested for drunk in public.
At 4:30 p.m. at an undisclosed location, officers responded after a 2-vehicle hit and run. No suspect information.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- 2 Tahoe bartenders arrested for allegedly selling cocaine to patrons
- Incident reports from Placer County
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Truckee’s Wolverines to face Greenwave for state championship
- Local business spearheading effort to help Camp Fire evacuees, first responders