Truckee Police Logs: March 17-23
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department`s press log for March 17-24, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A vehicle was left abandoned after it drove into a ditch. The vehicle was towed.
Support Local Journalism
• Officers took a report of two-vehicle minor injury collision.
• Victim reported his back license plate had been removed by an unknown suspect.
• Two juveniles were located in a vehicle on school grounds on Donner Pass Road. The juveniles had marijuana in the vehicle and were smoking it. Both juveniles were cited and released to their parents.
• Victim reported being the victim of identity theft after applying for benefits through the California Employment Development Department. The suspect was indentified and a copy of the report will be forwarded to the Employment Development Department along with jurisdiction where the suspect lives.
• Driver was stopped for traveling into the bicycle lane with his vehicle. Upon contact with the driver, the person was determined to be unlicensed. The driver was issued a citation and his vehicle was towed.
• An employee of a business on Donner Pass Road located an elderly dog within the facility that appeared to have been sick and abandoned. The dog owner was located and information about the dog`s current diagnosis and treatments were obtained by phone from the dog`s primary veterinarian. The dog was released back to its owner.
• Officers received anonymous report of a suspected drunk person attempting to drive a car on Levon Avenue. The suspect was located and subsequently arrested for being drunk in public.
• A juvenile skipped school and was reported missing. The juvenile was later located and returned to her mother.
• Reporting party states a neighbor got upset over a sign on the reporting party`s property and ordered the sign to be removed. The reporting party took the order as threat. Informational report was taken.
• Driver was stopped for weaving within lane and vehicle code violations. The driver was found to be DUI and was arrested.
• Reporting party reported an unknown person stole a coin machine out of the trailer park laundry mat.
• A traffic stop for a minor vehicle code violation resulted in the driver being arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence.
• A fight between two men occurred downtown. At one point in the fight, the suspect pushed his pregnant ex-girlfriend. The subject was arrested for domestic battery.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User