Truckee Police Logs, March 24-April 2
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for March 24-31.
EDITOR’S NOTE: After a month-long hiatus, we are picking up publishing Truckee Police Logs where we left off. We will publish new ones as space is available.
• Officers took a report of vandalism to a motor vehicle. There is no suspect at this time.
• An unknown suspect took victim’s license plate off his vehicle without the knowledge or consent of the victim.
• Officers took a report for a lost passport.
• Juvenile told parents that a man grabbed her arm during her dance class. Informational report was taken.
• Reporting party reported her daughter as a voluntary missing person.
• Victim reported losing his passport after returning from a trip out of the country last year and would like a report for informational purposes.
• Semi truck collided with light stand while exiting the freeway.
• Officers responded to a report of a domestic violence on Red Fir Road. An investigation determined no domestic violence had occurred.
• Truckee resident reported vandalism and requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• Reporting party stated an unknown person broke into home on Glacier View Drive. Nothing was stolen, but the heater was turned up, creating high heating bill.
• Husband and wife were involved in a verbal dispute on West River Street. Female neighbor interjected, which resulted in a battery.
• Reporting party called the front office with a traffic complaint that is ongoing. Cars were reported constantly speeding along Estate Drive in and out of complex.
• Boyfriend and girlfriend had a verbal argument and agreed to separate for the night.
• A juvenile was handing out fake US currency to kids on Whitehorse Road. The juvenile was contacted; after an investigation, over $2,500 in counterfeit currency was confiscated and multiple charges were forwarded to juvenile probation including manufacturing and possession of counterfeit currency.
• Vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a minor vehicle code violation. An investigation resulted in the driver being arrested for suspicion of DUI alcohol.
• Juvenile was found to be in possession of marijuana on Solvang Way. The juvenile was released to parents.
• Officer founded a bag of narcotics in a wooded area.
• Son reported his father missing.
• Officers arrested suspect for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
• Officers responded to a report of a disturbance between a woman and a man on Heather Road. An investigation revealed the man to be under the influence of a controlled substance and the women to be in possession of methamphetamine. Both subjects were arrested.
• Driver was involved in a collision and was found to be DUI. The driver was arrested.
• Subject was reportedly yelling at customers of Safeway. The subject was very intoxicated with no way to care for himself and was arrested.
• A cashier at a gas station on Donner Pass Road was given a counterfeit $100 bill. The cashier took down the license plate of the suspect`s vehicle. The vehicle was located and a traffic stop resulted in the recovery of additional $1,200 of counterfeit money. Report was forwarded to the District Attorney`s Office and the US Secret Service.
• A drunken man was yelling and pounding on his ex-wife`s door on Martis Valley Road. He was contacted and arrested for being drunk in public.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers took a report of hit and run vehicle collision with property damage on Northwoods Boulevard.
• Reporting party received harassing phone calls and text messages from suspect who assaulted her. The reporting party was advised to seek a restraining order.
• Reporting party reported being contacted by social media from a known subject whom she has a valid restraining order. The reporting party requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• A vehicle mechanic reported possible tampering of an employee vehicle.
• Reporting party reported a prescription medication was missing following a series of real estate shows at the residence on Whitehorse Road.
• After the fact, over counter report was taken for a traffic accident on Waters Way.
• Officers responded to a vehicle parked on private property that had been involved in accident. The driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.