Truckee Police Logs, May 24-June 3
June 26, 2014
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for May 24 to June 3, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation and weaving within lane. The driver was found to be DUI and was arrested.
• Vandalism was located on metal windows. It was estimated to be at least 10 days old. There is no suspect information.
• Two neighbors got in a verbal argument after one neighbor trespassed and the other exposed his buttocks. Report was taken for documentation only, no prosecution was desired.
• A subject was contacted on commercial row with an open container of alcohol. The subject failed to identify himself to officers and became verbally aggressive. The subject made threatening statements to arresting officer. The subject was booked for drunk in public and threatening an executive officer.
Recommended Stories For You
• A citizen reported a vehicle driving on the Glenshire school soccer field. The vehicle was located occupied by two juveniles. Both juveniles were returned to their parents. Report was forwarded to Juvenile Probation filling charges of Joy Riding and driving without license.
• Officers were dispatched to a report of a fight on Donner Pass Road. The subjects were contacted and were identified as being involved. Both subjects were booked for drunk in public and later released.
• Officers responded to a domestic disturbance on Donner Pass Road. A male suspect was arrested.
• A subject was contacted after a physical fight and found to be unable to care for his safety or the safety of others. The subject was arrested for public intoxication.
• Officers contacted an intoxicated subject in the downtown area. The subject had just engaged in a verbal argument with a business employee. Officers attempted to speak to the subject and determined how he was going home. The subject became very uncooperative and refused to provide officers with any information. Based on the subject`s level of intoxication, officers felt the subject was unable to care for himself. The subject was booked into the Nevada County Jail.
• A vehicle was parked on the side of the roadway for the past few days. The registration of the vehicle was expired over 6 months. The vehicle was impounded.
• Subject was found to be passed out near the shopping cart corral on Deerfield Drive. The subject was intoxicated and transported to the hospital due to the condition. The subject was cited and released for public intoxication.
• Officers took a report of hit and run vehicle collision with suspect information.
• Officers took a report for violation of restraining order on Jeffery Pine Road.
• Reporting party reported that he left his laptop at a hotel on Deerfield Drive. Two days later, the reporting party called the hotel to inquire about the computer. The hotel staff stated they have not seen the laptop.
• Reporting party called to report his elderly mother had died on Martis Valley Road. Upon police arrival at the residence, it was determined further investigation was warranted. The reporting party was subsequently interviewed and later arrested, then booked without further incident.
• Subject entered a business on Deerfield Drive and stole alcohol. The subject was located behind the business with the merchandise and was arrested.
• Officers responded to a local supermarket regarding an intoxicated male. The male was found to be unable to care for himself and was taken to jail for public intoxication.
• Officer took a report for ongoing child custody dispute between two parents. Report was taken for information only.
• A vehicle was towed for expired registration of over 6 months.
• Report was taken for found marijuana on Brockway Road.
• Subject was arrested for misdemeanor warrant on Jeffery Pine Road.
• Truckee Police Canine Unit assisted California Highway Patrol with a narcotics investigation. A positive canine alert led to the discovery of contraband including marijuana, methamphetamine paraphernalia and prescription drug abuse. One adult female was arrested for felony charges and one adult male was cited and released for misdemeanor charges.
• Driver was found in possession of marijuana and driving with no license. The driver was cited and the marijuana was booked.
• Officers documented a verbal argument between a boyfriend and a girlfriend on Stockholm Way.
• A fraudulent account was opened in victim's name dating back to 2010. Report was generated.
• Officers took a report of vandalism to a gas pump on Donner Pass Road. Suspect information is pending surveillance video review.
• Subject was contacted while walking down the freeway. He was found to have a felony warrant out of Riverside County. He was medically cleared and booked for the warrant.
• A verbal argument between spouses turned physical causing injury to the female half. The male was arrested.
• An unknown person gave victim a check and requested money in return. No money was lost by the victim.
• A golfer`s poor drive resulted in a golf ball through a window. The homeowner requested a report.
• A vehicle stop led to discovery of alcohol inside the vehicle. The driver and the passenger were cited for minor in possession of alcohol.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver appeared to be under the influence of alcohol. Field sobriety was conducted and the driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested. The driver blew 0.7 at the scene and therefore was released. The driver parked the vehicle and found alternate transportation.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violation and was found to be under the influence. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and was booked into jail.
• Victim's garage was entered and items were removed. The victim was home and working underneath the residence at the time of burglary.
• Officers took a report of involuntary repossession of vehicle.
• Report was taken for attempted Cragslist scam.
• Officers initiated a traffic stop on mechanical violation. The driver was suspended for DUI; the vehicle was towed and impounded.
• A personal watercraft was reported stolen off of the Donner Lake shoreline. An officer located the watercraft on the lake at a different location.
• Boyfriend and girlfriend got into verbal argument on Northwoods Boulevard. The girlfriend kissed the boyfriend and the boyfriend bit her on the lip, causing injury. The victim went to the hospital for treatment.