Truckee Police Logs: Suspect arrested with ‘bulk marijuana, burglary tools’
November 27, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents compiled from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Nov. 8-16, along with previously unreported incidents.
At 12:55 p.m. on West Reed Avenue, a subject reporter a possible burglary of his residence.
At 4:16 p.m. on Donner Pass Road, a juvenile victim reported theft of property on school grounds. No suspect information; report taken.
At 1:32 p.m., a report was taken at a home on Pine Forest Road that an unknown person broke into the house and stole multiple items. Report taken.
Recommended Stories For You
At 3:10 p.m. at an undisclosed location, deputies investigated a hit and run collision. The suspect was located, and the case was forwarded to the district attorney.
At 8:52 p.m. at an undisclosed location, a vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations. The driver was arrested for suspected DUI and having a suspended license.
At 2:03 a.m. at an undisclosed location, an officer contacted a subject walking around a closed busies. A consent search of the subject's vehicle revealed "bulk marijuana, a stolen vehicle and possession of burglary tools." The suspect was arrested and booked.
At 9:24 a.m. on Brockway Road, officers took a report of a theft of keys from an unlocked vehicle.
At 3:03 p.m. on Moon Shadow Court, officers took a report from a telephone scam victim. Loss was roughly $1,375.
At 5:05 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a caller reported a subject shoplifting from a business. Officers contacted the subject, who was cited for misdemeanor shoplifting and was released at the scene.
At 11 p.m. on Brockway Road, an information report was taken regarding disobedient juveniles.
At 2:07 a.m. behind commercial row, an intoxicated subject found staggering near the alley was arrested for public intoxication.
At 12:29 p.m. on Brockway Road, live ammunition was turned over to police for destruction.
At 5:18 p.m. on Highway 89 South, officers responded to a residence for a domestic dispute between a husband and wife. The wife was arrested and booked for domestic violence.
At 4:23 p.m. on Business Park Drive, damage was reported to a parked vehicle in a parking lot, apparently caused by another vehicle in the lot. Information was exchanged.
You can visit townoftruckee.com/departments/police/press-log to stay up to date with the department's weekly press log.
Trending In: Crime
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work