Truckee Police Logs: Suspect arrested with ‘bulk marijuana, burglary tools’
November 27, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents compiled from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Nov. 8-16, along with previously unreported incidents.
At 12:55 p.m. on West Reed Avenue, a subject reporter a possible burglary of his residence.
At 4:16 p.m. on Donner Pass Road, a juvenile victim reported theft of property on school grounds. No suspect information; report taken.
At 1:32 p.m., a report was taken at a home on Pine Forest Road that an unknown person broke into the house and stole multiple items. Report taken.
Recommended Stories For You
At 3:10 p.m. at an undisclosed location, deputies investigated a hit and run collision. The suspect was located, and the case was forwarded to the district attorney.
At 8:52 p.m. at an undisclosed location, a vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations. The driver was arrested for suspected DUI and having a suspended license.
At 2:03 a.m. at an undisclosed location, an officer contacted a subject walking around a closed busies. A consent search of the subject's vehicle revealed "bulk marijuana, a stolen vehicle and possession of burglary tools." The suspect was arrested and booked.
At 9:24 a.m. on Brockway Road, officers took a report of a theft of keys from an unlocked vehicle.
At 3:03 p.m. on Moon Shadow Court, officers took a report from a telephone scam victim. Loss was roughly $1,375.
At 5:05 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a caller reported a subject shoplifting from a business. Officers contacted the subject, who was cited for misdemeanor shoplifting and was released at the scene.
At 11 p.m. on Brockway Road, an information report was taken regarding disobedient juveniles.
At 2:07 a.m. behind commercial row, an intoxicated subject found staggering near the alley was arrested for public intoxication.
At 12:29 p.m. on Brockway Road, live ammunition was turned over to police for destruction.
At 5:18 p.m. on Highway 89 South, officers responded to a residence for a domestic dispute between a husband and wife. The wife was arrested and booked for domestic violence.
At 4:23 p.m. on Business Park Drive, damage was reported to a parked vehicle in a parking lot, apparently caused by another vehicle in the lot. Information was exchanged.
You can visit townoftruckee.com/departments/police/press-log to stay up to date with the department's weekly press log.
Trending In: Crime
- Parents say Amtrak investigation around son’s injuries is a “smear campaign”
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Judge: Entitled, obsessed Aaron Katz must pay $225K in IVGID attorney fees
- Report shows Lake Tahoe is a hot spot for sex trafficking
- Truckee Police nab duo suspected in multiple auto, home burglaries
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit