Truckee Police Logs: Suspect suspected of starting small fire near DMV building
September 1, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Aug. 11-18, along with previously unreported incidents.
Officers from TPD and the California Highway Patrol responded to the scene of an off-highway vehicle collision around 5:15 p.m., in which moderate to major injuries were reported, according to police.
Following a complaint placed around 2:51 p.m., police arrived at a Torrey Pine Road residence to perform a compliance check on a suspected marijuana grow. The grow operation was located and documented, according to police.
Recommended Stories For You
Police report a pair of individuals was seen engaging in a verbal dispute in an alleyway around 7:55 p.m. According to police, the pair was separated and one man was placed under arrest, determined to be intoxicated and unable to care for himself, according to police.
After a vehicle stop around 11:48 p.m., a driver was placed under arrest on charges of driving under the influence, according to police.
Following a 5:38 a.m. report of a fire set near the DMV building on Donner Pass Road, an individual was located and arrested on suspicions of setting said fire, according to police. The fire was extinguished and police did not report any significant damage or injuries.
Police responded to reports made by a neighbor that two juveniles were seen setting fires in a Ski Run Road residential backyard. According to police, the fire district was called and the juveniles and their parents were contacted.
Trending In: Crime
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee