Truckee police: Suspect strikes man, drives with him on hood
January 19, 2017
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A Reno man accused of striking a Truckee business owner with a vehicle and then driving almost a half mile with the victim on his hood remained Thursday in the Nevada County Jail without bond, authorities said.
Cody Joseph Kimball, 24, faces charges of kidnapping; hit and run; and assault with a deadly weapon or force. He also has an outstanding warrant out of Nevada, Truckee Police Sgt. Robert Womack said Thursday.
A business owner around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday spotted Kimball driving recklessly on Trails End. He then tried to confront Kimball and get the license plate number of his Suburu WRX STI, Womack said.
"(Kimball) drove at him, struck him," Womack said. "The business owner ended up on the hood."
Kimball drove about a third of a mile before stopping and then running from the vehicle into nearby woods. The business owner, with minor injuries on his legs, called police, the sergeant said.
Officers caught Kimball shortly afterward.
Recommended Stories For You
"There's really only one place you can come out," Womack said regarding the location off Trails End. "He was arrested as he was walking down the street."
According to Womack, Kimball gave officers a false name. Police discovered the deception hours later, and Kimball likely will face more charges.
Trending In: Crime
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City