Anti-bullying, sexual harassment seminar next week in Truckee
February 16, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Sierra Human Resources Association is presenting "Respect Gets Respect — Prevent Sexual Harassment and Bullying" on Tuesday, Feb. 24 from 9-11 a.m. at the Truckee Tahoe Airport Community Room, 10356 Truckee Airport Road in Truckee.
The new requirement to provide anti-bullying training for supervisors and managers was added to California's AB 1825 sexual harassment prevention training as of Jan. 1, 2015, according to a news release for the workshop.
This interactive workshop is modeled to bring businesses into compliance and help business owners and leaders prevent and address "abusive or malicious conduct" that a reasonable person would find hostile or offensive, including repeated infliction of derogatory remarks and insults, threatening, intimidating or humiliating verbal or physical conduct and the sabotaging or undermining of work performance.
It's also expected to cover the core skills of recognizing and stopping sexual harassment. Participants will experience "He Said She Said" scenarios, learn how to interview and investigate, address privacy issues, and document and resolve a complaint.
Workshop speaker Laura Moriarty, president of Tahoe Training Partners, is a nationally known speaker and the architect of innovative learning environments at high profile organizations.
The event is done in partnership with the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee Donner chambers of commerce.
Recommended Stories For You
Register and pay online by Feb. 23 at http://www.sierrahra.org. Cost is $39 for SHRA/SHRM members, $49 for chamber members, and $59 for non-members.
For more information, call Charlotte Hawley of SHRA at 530-550-3015, Ginger at the North Lake Tahoe Chamber/CVB/Resort Association at 530-581-8764, or Melody at Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce at 530- 587-8808.
Trending In: Education
- Flexible technology key to Truckee-Tahoe’s ‘classroom of the future’
- Tahoe Truckee Unified among 6 districts recognized nationally as Green Achiever
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Back to School: From a teacher’s perspective
- Tahoe Truckee School of Music scores hit with winter recital
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl