Auction to raise funds for Kings Beach Elementary
November 25, 2014
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — The Kings Beach Elementary Parent-Teacher Organization has launched an online auction in an effort to raise funds for classroom needs.
The auction began Nov. 20 and runs through Dec. 7.
Items and packages up for bid include everything from skiing Squaw Valley, touring Pixar Studios, going inside an America's Cup sailing team, wakeboarding on Lake Tahoe, to surfing in Mexico, among others, including a US Ski Team jacket worn by Tahoe's own Travis Ganong.
The school's PTO has received donations from Sugar Bowl, Jones Snowboards, Oakley, Marmot, Uncorked Wine, Squaw Valley Lodge, Berghaus, Tomahawk International, Suunto, Tahoe Mountains Sports, Stella, Lone Eagle Grill, Moody's Bistro Bar & Beats, among others.
"Our PTO raises money for things like Spanish books, materials for the classrooms and teachers and online reading programs," said Kings Beach parent Stephanie McIntosh, a member of the PTO. "Also, for art supplies for our art docent volunteer program, the 'Harvest of the Month' food education program, our fitness program and more."
Click here for direct access to the online auction.
Trending In: Education
- Elementary school students win big at Regional Science Fair
- Tahoe-Truckee Teacher of the Year: Allison Everist is second finalist
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation now accepting grant applications from Truckee
- Coming to Sierra College Truckee: Avalanche education, certification course
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- BREAKING NEWS: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)