Back to school? Be sure to get your library card
August 23, 2016
Pop quiz for all you back to schoolers. What is the most important item to have in your backpack on the first day of school?
If you guessed a Library Card, you get your first A+ of the year! You see, a library card not only gives you the privilege of checking out books that your teachers will probably require you to read this year, but it also gives you access to really great databases that will help you score many more A+'s throughout the year.
One of my favorites is Brainfuse. This database gives you access to live tutors, a writing lab, flash card templates, test preps, and so much more!
It truly is a must have for all you students out there. Between all of the libraries on the North Shore your library card is bound to unlock many useful resources this school year.
Have questions? Just ask your librarian. We are bound to help you find the answer, or point you to a resource that will do the trick.
Recommended Stories For You
Aug. 31, 4-5:30 p.m. Summer Reading Celebration Party at Preston Field. Celebrate all the reading you've done over the summer w/games, face painting, ice cream provided by Susie Scoops, piñatas, popcorn, raffle, and much more!
Aug. 25, 2-3 p.m. Free Computer Class. "Files and Folders: techniques for organizing your data more effectively."
Aug. 30, 10:30-11 a.m. Preschool Storytime. "Back to School" theme. Books, finger-plays, songs and a craft.
Sept. 3. Our hours change! Please call or stop by for details.
Happy Birthday Truckee Library! The Truckee Library celebrates its 40th birthday on Tuesday, Aug. 30, with an Open House from 4-6 p.m. and a short ceremony at 4:30 p.m. All are invited to join us — we would love for Truckee to turn out, especially you who remember our opening in 1976. Live music and refreshments provided.
Storytimes are now on summer break, and will resume after Labor Day. Look for opportunities for Stay & Play and Free Play programs in the Fall.
Spanish Storytime is on summer break through August. Please join us again for bilingual stories, songs and rhymes in September, last Saturday of the month at 10:30 a.m.
Amanda Mongolo is Programs and Outreach Librarian at Incline Village Library, 845 Alder Ave. in Incline Village. Call 775-832-4130.
Trending In: Education
- Snow days: Tahoe-Truckee schools face challenges when making the call
- Truckee, North Tahoe student athletes commit to excellence on and off the field
- Lake Tahoe School names Robert Graves as new Head of School
- Tahoe Truckee school district hires career-readiness position
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million