Chet Burton leaving WNC for Nevada Chancellor’s office
August 14, 2017
Western Nevada College President Chet Burton is leaving WNC.
Burton resigned Friday, Aug. 11, to take the job as vice president for administration and finance for the Nevada System of Higher Education.
Jamie McNinch, director Information and Marketing Services Personnel, said Burton will start with the chancellor on Aug. 21.
Mark Ghan, WNC vice president, will take over as acting president of the college.
Burton has been head of WNC since fall 2013.
Trending In: Education
- Tahoe-Truckee schools see new principals, staff transitions for 2014
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra Expeditionary Learning School’s out of the box teaching methods
- WWII D-Day veteran, Truckee resident awarded France’s Legion of Honor
- $60K sought to send Incline High class to national competition in D.C.
- Truckee community comes together to bring a missing dog home
- Authorities ID Incline Village alleged murder victim
- UPDATE: Law enforcement says ‘suspicious death’ in Tahoma a homicide
- Weather forecast: Sunny skies should give way to snow in Truckee
- Halvorsen, Mullings win California-Nevada Nordic state championships