Chili Cook-off set for Saturday at Kings Beach Library
March 3, 2015
Several classes and events are scheduled this month at Kings Beach Library.
After hosting a float on Saturday, March 7, in the Kings Beach SnowFest! parade, the library is hosting a Snow What? Contest, as well as its second annual Chili Cook-off.
For the cook-off, enter your favorite recipe, and you could win a prize. A $5 minimum donation to the Friends of the Kings Beach Library gives attendees unlimited chili tastings.
There will be a snowman design contest for kids and a strolling magician during the event.
The library's free tech classes continue on Friday, March 6, from 6-7 p.m. with a "Computer Basics" course in Spanish.
On Thursday, March 12, from 2-3 p.m., Carl Leblanc from Tahoe Tech Group will lead a Q-and-A session. On Thursday March 19, a "Get to know your iPhone" class takes place from 2-3 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Then, on Thursday, March 26, at 2 p.m., Doug Greenwood of Alpen Software will teach a class on "Safety First: Privacy and Security Online."
The library's annual Literary Peep Show is slated for March 15-April 4. Create a diorama using "Peeps" that represents your favorite book and display it at the library.
Visit the library at 301 Secline Street in Kings Beach, or call 530-546-2021 for information.
Trending In: Education
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Celebrating homeschooling as a viable option in Incline Village
- Ice Axe Impact School offers expeditionary, experiential field courses