Chili Cook-off set for Saturday at Kings Beach Library
March 3, 2015
Several classes and events are scheduled this month at Kings Beach Library.
After hosting a float on Saturday, March 7, in the Kings Beach SnowFest! parade, the library is hosting a Snow What? Contest, as well as its second annual Chili Cook-off.
For the cook-off, enter your favorite recipe, and you could win a prize. A $5 minimum donation to the Friends of the Kings Beach Library gives attendees unlimited chili tastings.
There will be a snowman design contest for kids and a strolling magician during the event.
The library's free tech classes continue on Friday, March 6, from 6-7 p.m. with a "Computer Basics" course in Spanish.
On Thursday, March 12, from 2-3 p.m., Carl Leblanc from Tahoe Tech Group will lead a Q-and-A session. On Thursday March 19, a "Get to know your iPhone" class takes place from 2-3 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Then, on Thursday, March 26, at 2 p.m., Doug Greenwood of Alpen Software will teach a class on "Safety First: Privacy and Security Online."
The library's annual Literary Peep Show is slated for March 15-April 4. Create a diorama using "Peeps" that represents your favorite book and display it at the library.
Visit the library at 301 Secline Street in Kings Beach, or call 530-546-2021 for information.
Trending In: Education
- North Tahoe Middle School students design experiments to save sugar pines
- More than $110K raised for KidZone during Discovery Luncheon
- Sierra Nevada College’s Lynn Gillette out as president (updated)
- Community works together to support students with special needs
- ‘Classroom of the Future’ taking shape at Tahoe-Truckee schools
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week