Community We the People presentation set for March 13
March 5, 2014
The Incline High School We The People class will present testimonies, just as they will at the national competition in April, during a presentation at St. Francis Church from 7-8 p.m. Thursday, March 13, with a reception following.
Everyone is invited to attend the event, which will feature cross-examination questions from "judges" — Incline residents.
In early February, the Incline class bested seven Nevada schools en route to winning the state title. Incline will represent Nevada on April 25 at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., in the national We The People competition.
An opportunity to contribute toward the team's $50,000 trip expense to the national competition will be offered at the March 13 event.
Donations can also be mailed to Incline High School, 499 Village Blvd. Incline Village, NV 89451. Make checks payable to: "IHS—We the People."
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Blending what’s best for students in award-winning Truckee Elementary program
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- More than $110K raised for KidZone during Discovery Luncheon
- North Tahoe Middle School students design experiments to save sugar pines
- Tahoe chapter of BuildOn working to make world better place
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project