Community We the People presentation set for March 13
March 5, 2014
The Incline High School We The People class will present testimonies, just as they will at the national competition in April, during a presentation at St. Francis Church from 7-8 p.m. Thursday, March 13, with a reception following.
Everyone is invited to attend the event, which will feature cross-examination questions from "judges" — Incline residents.
In early February, the Incline class bested seven Nevada schools en route to winning the state title. Incline will represent Nevada on April 25 at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., in the national We The People competition.
An opportunity to contribute toward the team's $50,000 trip expense to the national competition will be offered at the March 13 event.
Donations can also be mailed to Incline High School, 499 Village Blvd. Incline Village, NV 89451. Make checks payable to: "IHS—We the People."
Trending In: Education
- Sierra history: The Gold Rush winter of 1850 (part 2)
- Excellence in Education Foundation honors Tahoe Truckee teachers, staff
- Principal’s corner: Great start at Sierra High, Cold Stream
- 2016 North Tahoe School Geography Bee title goes to Anna Wright
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High