Congratulations National Honor Society inductees
May 21, 2014
Incline High School's National Honor Society is proud to welcome its new members, selected by majority vote of the IHS Faculty Council based on Scholarship, Service, Leadership and Character.
Every year, students participate in a variety of community outreach projects, and this year included Kerrie Tonking, beginning a STEM club at the Incline Elementary School; Sarah Wright, with a technology tutorial program connecting the young and old called Seniors-to-Seniors; and junior Ben Snyder, with the Nutrition Coalition at Incline Elementary School.
Newly inducted members are looking forward to starting their own outreach projects to include a community book drive, sports clinics, new clubs, and more connections between all Incline Village schools.
NHS members are excited for the upcoming school year and hope that their projects will continue to have a lasting impact on our community.
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Toree’s Stories: Spotting the smallest of birds at Lake Tahoe
- Give Back Tahoe: Truckee-Donner Historical Society preserves and protects
- Tahoe Truckee recognized as Pacesetter community for support of reading