Custom Learning Academy students achieve superior results
November 12, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — High school students at Custom Learning Academy took 11 different Advanced Placement (AP) tests in subjects from calculus, literature to history, allowing them advanced standing or credit at many colleges.
In addition to testing core areas, the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills (ITBS) also tests social studies and science achievement for grades first through 11th. A composite score is formed by blending the results from reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, and science for each student that represents a grade level skill level.
For the fifth consecutive year, Custom Learning Academy had students outperform California and other participating general student averages on IOWA and AP tests.
According to the National Board for Education Statistics, Utah was the leading state at a 67.1 percent pass rate on AP Tests in 2012/2013. CLA surpasses the leading U.S. AP average score by 1.9 percent. Furthermore, tests results at CLA indicate students are performing two-three grade levels higher.
According to the New York Times, Finland and South Korea remain ranked number one and two for top educational systems worldwide. The ranking is attributed to small class sizes and a rigorous curriculum.
Custom Learning Academy practices these same to principles to achieve student success and exemplary test scores.
Recommended Stories For You
Custom Learning Academy in Truckee is a full-time, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredited K-12 nonprofit school offering custom curriculum for every student. CLA is also UC a-g approved as well as NCAA approved for athletic scholarship opportunities.
Enrollment is open year-round based on space availability. Contact Custom Learning Academy at 530-587-5470 and visit the "press room" for data results at http://www.customlearning.org.
Trending In: Education
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Snow days: Tahoe-Truckee schools face challenges when making the call
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Lake Tahoe School names Robert Graves as new Head of School
- Back to School: TTUSD program spotlight — Independent Study and Ski Academy
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport