Ex in Ed recognizes top donors
October 21, 2014
On Thursday, Oct. 2, the Tahoe Truckee Excellence in Education Foundation hosted its annual recognition event at Squaw Valley's Olympic Village Lodge.
The event is a celebration of donors, Fellow and Star award recipients and Foundation accomplishments.
Approximately 200 people attended and enjoyed lively entertainment by the Truckee High School Jazz Ensemble.
During the 2013-2014 fiscal year, Excellence in Education funded nearly $300,000 in grants to the teachers and programs of the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District.
The following organizations contributed greater than $20,000 to Excellence in Education in 2013-14 through participation in various fundraising programs: Tahoe Donner Association, Tahoe Mountain Club, Sugar Bowl, Martis Camp, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows and Northstar California, Coyote Moon Golf Course, Resort at Squaw Creek and Tahoe City Golf Course.
Visit exined.org to learn more about the foundation.
Trending In: Education
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Truckee hammers South Tahoe for Sierra Bowl victory