Ex in Ed recognizes top donors
October 21, 2014
On Thursday, Oct. 2, the Tahoe Truckee Excellence in Education Foundation hosted its annual recognition event at Squaw Valley's Olympic Village Lodge.
The event is a celebration of donors, Fellow and Star award recipients and Foundation accomplishments.
Approximately 200 people attended and enjoyed lively entertainment by the Truckee High School Jazz Ensemble.
During the 2013-2014 fiscal year, Excellence in Education funded nearly $300,000 in grants to the teachers and programs of the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District.
The following organizations contributed greater than $20,000 to Excellence in Education in 2013-14 through participation in various fundraising programs: Tahoe Donner Association, Tahoe Mountain Club, Sugar Bowl, Martis Camp, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows and Northstar California, Coyote Moon Golf Course, Resort at Squaw Creek and Tahoe City Golf Course.
Visit exined.org to learn more about the foundation.
Trending In: Education
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation accepting grant applications from Truckee
- Challenge Day encourages Tahoe-Truckee students by building empathy
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood