Gatsby Gala raises more than $10K for Truckee High
May 27, 2016
Truckee High School's jazz band wowed the audience at the first ever Gatsby Gala Fundraiser held at PlumpJack Squaw Valley on April 22.
This inaugural event was a great success despite a heavy spring snowstorm. The band, under the leadership of Music Director Jesse Steele, delighted the crowd with many hours of entertaining dance music. Guests turned out in fabulous 1920s attire for the event and danced the night away. The venue was perfectly decorated to match the 1920s era, and PlumpJack provided exquisite appetizers and desserts.
In addition to live music and dancing, guests perused more than 50 silent auction items donated from our generous community and helped raise almost $10,000 to support the Truckee High Band Program.
With these funds, and the generous grants already received this school year from Excellence in Education, Queen of Hearts and Girls Giving Back, the THS band was able to purchase new marching band uniforms to replace the 40-year-old uniforms they were using.
Visit tempohigh.org for information about Truckee Excellence in Music Parent Organization (TEMPO) and the band program at Truckee High School.
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Toree’s Stories: Spotting the smallest of birds at Lake Tahoe
- CHP-Truckee presents school bus drivers with safe driving awards
- Incline Elementary loses teachers, students amid district budget crisis
- 18 valedictorians highlight North Tahoe Class of 2015