Give Back Tahoe: Excellence in Education Foundation funds the future
August 2, 2016
For 30 years, the Tahoe Truckee Excellence in Education Foundation has supported the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District (TTUSD) and the local educational community. The Foundation's mission is to enhance public education within TTUSD in order to strengthen the learning experience for students.
The Excellence in Education Foundation helps bridge the financial gaps in public school funding and provides many of the supplemental teaching materials and classroom enhancements teachers desire. Each year, the organization grants approximately $250,000 directly to classrooms and programs within the TTUSD.
In addition to providing grants directly to teachers throughout the school district, the Foundation has also partnered with the district on key initiatives that are designed to have high impact on student learning.
Currently, the Foundation is working with TTUSD to fund the one-to-one technology program where students are issued their own Chromebook computer to use in class and, for middle and high school students, take home to complete assignments. To date, 2,700 Chromebooks have been issued to grades 4-12.
The Foundation also provided a grant for the Classroom of the Future pilot program, where a team of teachers from the school district researched and created prototypes of the most effective learning environment and furniture configurations for 21st Century classrooms.
The Tahoe Truckee Reads literacy campaign is another example of Excellence in Education partnering with the school district and local non-profits for the benefit of local children.
Recommended Stories For You
The Foundation raises money to support these and other educational programs through community partnerships. These partnerships have resulted in our popular, long-standing fundraising programs: Dining for Schools, Golfing for Schools and Skiing for Schools. Individual contributions are also welcomed and greatly appreciated through the Foundation's Friends of Education donation program.
For more information, or to make a Friends of Education donation, visit http://www.exined.org.
Trending In: Education
- Flexible technology key to Truckee-Tahoe’s ‘classroom of the future’
- Tahoe Truckee Unified among 6 districts recognized nationally as Green Achiever
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Tahoe Truckee School of Music scores hit with winter recital
- Tahoe-Truckee Teacher of the Year: Mike Pyle is fifth finalist
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl