Give Back Tahoe: North Tahoe Arts keeps the visual arts accessible
August 2, 2016
Considered a cultural asset in our region, North Tahoe Arts (NTA) connects artists with community members while keeping the visual arts accessible for those living in and visiting North Lake Tahoe and Truckee.
Our mission is to support the arts in our region through exposure, education, and participation. We operate the North Tahoe Arts Center in Tahoe City, CA, and strive to: support regional artists seeking professional development, mentoring, networking, and teaching opportunities; offer community members a comprehensive array of visual art programs; and engage visitors who want to explore local artists and cultural events.
In 2015, NTA served 13,646 people by offering eight visual art programs, which included the ARTisan Shop, Exhibits galleries, Kids Art Saturday, Kids Art Camp, ARTour & Plein Air events, workshops, and a monthly Gathering of Artists.
One of our biggest successes this year was doubling our 2016 Kids Art Camp (KAC) attendance through a community partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe. This partnership was funded through a grant from the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation. KAC participants complete over fifteen visual art projects over the course of one week. This experience builds confidence in creativity which translates to academic and career success down the road!
NTA has been committed to offering creative and enriching programs for nearly three decades. Unfortunately, due to declining financial and volunteer resources, we were forced to put our 2016 ARTour and Exhibits program on hold in order to focus on sustainability.
At this time, NTA really needs the support of our community in order to continue to stay open and offer our long standing programs. Please consider making a donation, becoming a volunteer or joining our board by contacting Kellie Cutler, Executive Director at 530-581-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our website at www.northtahoearts.com.
Trending In: Education
- Readers are Leaders | What does Truckee PD’s Detective Lopez read?
- Sierra history: The Gold Rush winter of 1850 (part 2)
- Truckee: the land of over 100 Hollywood films
- Principal’s Corner: Blending what’s best for students in award-winning Truckee Elementary program
- Young entrepreneurs win $6K in prize money
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter