Give Back Tahoe: Truckee Wolverine Booster Club closes the funding gap for students
September 7, 2016
Did you ever wonder how Truckee High School students' extracurricular programs get funded? The Truckee Wolverine Booster Club is a 100% volunteer organization which attempts to close the funding gap for some of the Students' most precious and valued activities of their time in high school.
Boosters has the sole mission of raising funds to donate to ALL of the Truckee High School sports, clubs and big projects like the Junior Class Prom and the Senior Class Safe & Sober Grad Night trip.
Not directly part of TTUSD, the Club is the only 501(c)3 non-profit organization that supports ("boosts") ALL the THS-sanctioned extracurricular activities. It also serves as Truckee High School's Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) providing appreciation to the great teachers and staff that we are so fortunate to have guiding our teenagers.
Today's college entrance competition is fierce. Having high grades, high test scores AND participation in sports/clubs/leadership/band seems to give the balance that shows best in the college Admissions Office. Boosters also gives scholarships to graduating THS Seniors whose Families have volunteered many hours to help the Club function to carry on its great tradition.
Like most non-profits, fundraising and motivating new posses of volunteer help are the primary and perpetual challenges for Boosters. Activities needed to raise money for these kids takes people power such as: selling Booster Memberships, selling food at the snack bar at various games, procuring and processing advertising support through the Signs & Banners program, selling merchandise, running raffles, administering committees and other fundraising opportunities.
The Club meets monthly at 6:00 pm in the THS Library on the 2nd Wednesday, September through June. If you would like to purchase a Booster Membership card, donate money or volunteer, contact email@example.com or via mail to: Truckee Boosters, PO Box 1184, Truckee, CA 96160.
Trending In: Education
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Young Incline scientists head to state regionals
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener