Give Back Tahoe: Truckee Wolverine Booster Club closes the funding gap for students
September 7, 2016
Did you ever wonder how Truckee High School students' extracurricular programs get funded? The Truckee Wolverine Booster Club is a 100% volunteer organization which attempts to close the funding gap for some of the Students' most precious and valued activities of their time in high school.
Boosters has the sole mission of raising funds to donate to ALL of the Truckee High School sports, clubs and big projects like the Junior Class Prom and the Senior Class Safe & Sober Grad Night trip.
Not directly part of TTUSD, the Club is the only 501(c)3 non-profit organization that supports ("boosts") ALL the THS-sanctioned extracurricular activities. It also serves as Truckee High School's Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) providing appreciation to the great teachers and staff that we are so fortunate to have guiding our teenagers.
Today's college entrance competition is fierce. Having high grades, high test scores AND participation in sports/clubs/leadership/band seems to give the balance that shows best in the college Admissions Office. Boosters also gives scholarships to graduating THS Seniors whose Families have volunteered many hours to help the Club function to carry on its great tradition.
Like most non-profits, fundraising and motivating new posses of volunteer help are the primary and perpetual challenges for Boosters. Activities needed to raise money for these kids takes people power such as: selling Booster Memberships, selling food at the snack bar at various games, procuring and processing advertising support through the Signs & Banners program, selling merchandise, running raffles, administering committees and other fundraising opportunities.
The Club meets monthly at 6:00 pm in the THS Library on the 2nd Wednesday, September through June. If you would like to purchase a Booster Membership card, donate money or volunteer, contact email@example.com or via mail to: Truckee Boosters, PO Box 1184, Truckee, CA 96160.
Trending In: Education
- Flexible technology key to Truckee-Tahoe’s ‘classroom of the future’
- Tahoe Truckee Unified among 6 districts recognized nationally as Green Achiever
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Back to School: From a teacher’s perspective
- Tahoe Truckee School of Music scores hit with winter recital
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl