Incline JROTC students march in annual Nevada Day Parade
November 3, 2016
The Incline High School Highlander JROTC marched in the annual Nevada Day Parade this past Saturday in Carson City. There were 45 cadets who participated in the parade.
JROTC had a color guard, a set of flags held by cadets, and an armed exhibition drill team during the parade. The Highlanders received a certificate of participation for their 31 years of participation. In addition, they took donations for the Veterans Guest House in Reno.
The color guard was led by C/1LT Salome Sanchez who was accompanied by C/SSG Victor Machuca, C/PVT Tanya Neely, and C/PVT Austin Rogers.
In related news, this Saturday, Nov. 5, the Incline JROTC students will be participating in the annual Reed High School Navy JROTC Drill Meet.
Highlanders will compete with both a color guard team and a Platoon drill without arms team. Good Luck Highlanders! Any questions, contact Chief Shawn Malara at email@example.com or call 775-832-4260, ext. 103.
This article was provided by the Incline High School Highlander JROTC.
Trending In: Education
- $60K sought to send Incline High class to national competition in D.C.
- Elementary school students win big at Regional Science Fair
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- TCF expanding Parenting Education Center; open house Thursday
- A review of Lake Tahoe summer programs