It’s time for Boys & Girls Club enrollment
December 6, 2017
When school is out, the club is in!
The Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe Duffield Youth Program is opening Jan. 16 at Incline Elementary School. Enrollment is limited to 80-100 children, and parents must attend a registration night in order to be eligible for enrollment.
Registration nights are Tuesdays, Dec. 5, 12 or 19 at 5 p.m. or Thursdays, Dec. 7 or 14 at 6 p.m.
The Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe (BGCNLT) is a fun and safe place for youths after school, Monday through Friday until 6:30 p.m. It offers education and career development, science and technology education, sports and recreation, character and leadership development, and health and life skills. The Boys & Girls Club will also provide snacks.
Leslie Hermann, former Incline K-12 principal and spokeswoman for the Dave & Cheryl Duffield Foundation shared her enthusiasm for the project. "What a great addition the club will be to the community! BGCNLT has a plethora of rich programs for kids. The opportunities to explore musical theatre and culinary arts are so needed. Kids will be able dig deeper into science, technology, engineering, math, and literacy too," she said.
"What a terrific support for both parents and children in Incline! We have needed a program such as this for a long time, and with the generous investment of the foundation, it is now a reality for Incline youth. What an incredible gift!"
Recommended Stories For You
The yearly membership fee is $50.00. All registrations will be entered into an enrollment lottery, and payment plans and scholarships are available.
For more information, visit bgcnlt.org or call (530) 582-3760.
Trending In: Education
- Tahoe-Truckee school’s retirees honored for 358 years of service
- WWII D-Day veteran, Truckee resident awarded France’s Legion of Honor
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Heads of the class: Truckee High’s top academic performers
- Sierra Expeditionary Learning School’s out of the box teaching methods
- Interstate 80 traffic backed up for miles because of snowstorm, road conditions
- Truckee Planning Commission to review Grocery Outlet modification plan
- Update: Chains required on I-80 from Nyack Road to the Nevada state line; westbound vehicles being turned at Donner Lake Interchange, Truckee due to spinouts
- Update: Chain restrictions have been lifted for vehicles on I-80; trucks must carry chains
- Weather forecast: Sunny skies should give way to snow in Truckee