JROTC students excel
June 3, 2015
On Saturday, May 30, the Incline Highlander Battalion competed in the Annual Brigade Olympics, held this year at Wooster High School.
The event was an opportunity for Highlander Cadets to compete in seven athletic events against 11 other schools in the brigade, making up nearly 425 cadets.
The events included teams of four to six participants competing in timed sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, the eight-person-leg-stretch, 50-yard dash, one-mile relay, and a mile run.
The Highlander Battalion sent a team of approximately 21 cadets and two instructors — they were small in numbers but big in heart.
Incline JROTC took first place in pull-ups and four cadets participated in a two-minute event with a total of 82 pull-ups. In addition, JROTC took first in push-ups, which between four cadets totaled 406 in a four-minute period.
The Highlanders received other awards in events such as sit-ups and the 50-yard dash.
Recommended Stories For You
Overall, participating cadets exceeded expectations at the Annual Brigade Olympics this year.
Trending In: Education
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration
- Truckee’s Wolverines to face Greenwave for state championship
- Truckee grants access to new development funding