New principal appointed for Glenshire Elementary School
May 12, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — At the May 4 Board of Education meeting, TTUSD trustees unanimously appointed Kerstin Kramer as principal of Glenshire Elementary.
Kramer comes to the district with over 23 years of experience in education, as both an educator and administrator. Currently, she is with the Snoqualmie Valley School District in Washington as principal of the Snoqualmie Elementary School.
Kramer's educational preparation includes a Masters of Arts in Educational Leadership as well as a Bachelors of Arts in Zoology from the University of Washington. She also obtained her Teaching Certificate from the University of Washington.
The school district conducted a thorough recruitment and interview process involving staff, parents and students. The interview process concluded with a "meet and greet" with the finalists.
Kramer is replacing Kathleen Gauthier, who is retiring at the end of the school year. Gauthier has been with the school district for 29 years and is known for creating a strong school community at Glenshire Elementary.
"We are sad to see Kathleen go, but rest assured that Kerstin has the skills, experience, and collaborative leadership style to be a strong asset at Glenshire Elementary and ensure a smooth transition," said Rob Leri, TTUSD superintendent.
Recommended Stories For You
This article was provided by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation accepting grant applications from Truckee
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Challenge Day encourages Tahoe-Truckee students by building empathy
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure