North Tahoe High School counselor finalist for state award
November 24, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Recently, the California Association of School Counselors hosted a conference and announced the winner of their Outstanding Counselor of the Year award.
One of the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District's counselors, Jeff Ream, at North Tahoe High School, was a finalist in this prestigious award.
School counselors are an integral part of the educational team at TTUSD. They work closely with teachers and other educators to help students reach their full potential.
School counselors advocate for all scholars and work alongside parents to support the educational, personal and social-emotional growth of their children.
Corine Harvey, Executive Director of Student Services, shared, "Our school counselors have a tremendous impact in helping students achieve school success and plan for a career. We are very proud of Jeff Ream for being named a finalist in this prestigious award."
This article was submitted by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Toree’s Stories: Spotting the smallest of birds at Lake Tahoe
- Incline Elementary loses teachers, students amid district budget crisis
- Teaching appreciation for lifelong gratitude at Lake Tahoe
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High