North Tahoe students to participate in Bike to School Day
May 23, 2016
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Students and staff members are teaming up for another fun-filled Bike to School Day on May 27 at North Tahoe School.
Lourdes Shaurette and Marcia Tierney, staff members at North Tahoe School, are leading the charge and are organizing early morning meeting locations in Kings Beach and Tahoe City so more students can participate and ride together safely to school.
Olympic Bike Shop in Tahoe City provides helmets for students who need them, and the Placer County Sheriff's Office provides patrol during Bike to School to ensure the safety of the students.
"It's a great event that we look forward to each year. Kids have fun together, and they get outside and exercise and support healthy air in the North Lake Tahoe region." Shaurette said. "We appreciate the community support to make this day possible."
This is the ninth year that North Tahoe School has hosted a Bike to School event. Kids ride to school from Kings Beach, the greater Tahoe City area and the West Shore of Lake Tahoe.
This article was provided by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Readers are Leaders | What does Truckee PD’s Detective Lopez read?
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Local scholarships support Tahoe/Truckee graduates
- Sierra history: The Gold Rush winter of 1850 (part 2)
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Update: Truckee police clear scene in Glenshire area, shelter in place order lifted
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe