Reno Little Theater to perform in Kings Beach Saturday
July 21, 2015
The Tahoe Library Coalition (TLC) would like to express our thanks to those of you who stopped by our Used Book Sale at the Incline Village Public Library last Saturday. Even more special thanks go to those who purchased books!
Our TLC organization uses these funds to sponsor and promote events related to libraries and literacy in our communities. Through these funds, we are excited to be able to bring a Reno Little Theater production of The Great Alphabet Adventure to the Kings Beach State Recreation Area on Saturday, July 25, at 6 p.m.
This production is free and perfect for young children. Come on out and enjoy the beach and the play on Saturday evening!
July Library Events
Friday 24th, 6:30-8:30 p.m.: READbox Movie Night – "The Incredibles"
Recommended Stories For You
Saturday 25th, 6 p.m.: Reno Little Theater outdoor performance – The Great Alphabet Adventure at Kings Beach State Recreation Area.
Friday 24th, 2-3 p.m.: Batty for Bats. NorCal Bats will educate and entertain the entire family. Learn what kind of bats we have in California.
Wednesday 29th, 2-3 p.m.: S.T.E.A.M. The Power of Observation. Magnifying glasses, bug jars, and backyard observation. Ages 8 and up.
Friday 31st, 2-3 p.m.: Wild Things! Come meet exotic animals and learn how to protect their habitat.
Sierra Nevada College:
Did you know: The college library is open during the summer — Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Regular hours resume August 17 when classes for the Fall semester begin. The SNC library is open to the public and allows materials to be checked out, even our DVDs.
September 11: Community Read Author/Writers in the Woods – Benjamin Percy
September 19: Tahoe Forum – Guest Speaker – Isabel Allende – Free, but tickets needed, visit sierranevada.edu/2015-tahoe-forum-speaker-announced.
Wednesday 29th 4 – 5 p.m.: RUFF Reading Program (sign up in advance @ 530-582-7846) Build confidence by reading to a Truckee/Tahoe Humane Society dog.
Betts Markle is the Library Director at Sierra Nevada College, located at 999 Tahoe Blvd., Incline Village.
Trending In: Education
- Snow days: Tahoe-Truckee schools face challenges when making the call
- Truckee, North Tahoe student athletes commit to excellence on and off the field
- Tahoe Truckee school district hires career-readiness position
- Tahoe-Truckee school district to address ‘unprecedented number of snow days’
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe